1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer pusher?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by CNYScapes, Dec 18, 2005.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

How big of a box blade can you put on a skid steer ? Assuming I have chains on the back tires how much will it push?

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well how big is your skid loader. You can get 6', 8', or 10' push boxes for skid loaders.

3. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

Right now I have a Bobcat 751 42hp, but if I decide to plow with one I will probably get a bigger one with a 2-speed trans. I have not looked in to the bigger ones yet , but I am not opposed to trying out other brands of skid steers.

4. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

My friend has a 10' box and said it was a liitle much for his skid. With a 2 speed i would bet the Blizzard 8611ss. it is a sweet setup.
    With a 753 i would go 8' box at the most but probably an 8' plow would be better.

5. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

I Have The Blizzard 810 On My S185. Pushes It Fine The Only Thing Is When Your Only Plowing At 6 Mph The Snow Dosent Roll So Your End Up Get Alot Of Roll-over Snow Going The Opposite Way The Plow Is Angled In Anything Over 2-3 Inches
    Awsome Setup But You Have To Plow Wit The Storm

6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

What type and size machine??

7. DESTEFANO3782

2006 bobcat s185

8. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

pushbox

Anyone running an 8 or 10' pushbox on a 773 Bobcat?

I'm debating what size box to get, compared to an 8' angle plow for the 773.

I think there would be more versatality with the plow, but I think there would be more usefulness for the pushbox in large lots. Someone correct me if im wrong, but I should be able to move MUCH more snow with the box compared to that plow, right?

Any pros or cons of either from anyone's experience?

Thanks

9. DESTEFANO3782

Pusher Boxes Are Awsome Tool Sdepending On How Large The Lots Are. A 773 Will Slick Right Up Have Way Across A Parking Lot If It Is To Long Of A Stretch And Then U Have A Pile You Cant Move. Plows I Think Are The Best Way To Go But All Senerios Are Different. A Pusher Box Would Be Ideal For A Storage Like Facility Or Lots With Short Runs.

10. itsgottobegreen

Alex check your PM. Call me.

11. Dozer Blade

I run a 84" dozer blade with no trip springs. Works excellent....!!! Here is a very short video and a few pictures of my custom dozer blade......

I have only had the blade for three days. Today is snowed 3 feet. Blade will run circles around my high flow blower.....

CLICK HERE

Dave

12. itsgottobegreen

Video didn't work

13. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Dave

Great video how do you like the tracks over the rubber tires

Thanks

14. itsgottobegreen

Ok now it works. looks cool. :nod:

15. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

box

What's with teh music? Where did you get it...

It's great, the music & the setup!

IT'SGOTTOBEGREEN, I've been very busy the last few days with firewood, I'll give you a call either tomorrow or Saturday, and I'll email you before I do.

16. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I am expecting delivery of an 10ft ProTech push/pull unit that will be able to be used on my Bobcats and Backhoes. I currently have a 773 and have a feeling that it will be a tad too big for that and have plans to upgrade to a S-300 shortly anyway.

pullback_2[1].jpg

17. DESTEFANO3782

i have a 10ft pusher by protech for my backhoe and i tried to push it with my s185 bobcat and it was a joke so be carefull with the 773 cause they are about the say size

18. Tracks

I have a three track machines. I just outfitted two of them with chain cross links that are bolted through the tracks. Works 100% better than rubber tires.....

Dave

19. itsgottobegreen

If its a G series 773. Its the same damn machine. Bobcat just changed the numbers to S185 when they resigned the rest of the bobcats.

The 773 will have no problem pushing a 8' skid steer. A 10' backhoe model is a whole lot heavier and sticks out futher sinces your are mounting it to the bucket not the skid plate. Which is reducing the skid loaders lifting capacity.

20. Alex the music is part of my video editing program. I usually use my own music but was to lazy to upload a few songs from a CD....

Dave