1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by sbax76, Jan 4, 2011.

1. sbax76

sbax76 Junior Member

Buying a new 8' skid steer pusher, protech or ffc? They are both in stock locally, both have rubber edges. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
  2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

pro tech.... well built. how are the snows in ny? wet dry? rubber edge...
    parking lot have alot of snow pack. of so look at a metal cutting edge box
  3. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

I'm sure both are soild, I'd personally run the protech as they seem to be more popular and I've never heard anything bad about them. I would suggest a steel edge though, they clean up a lot nicer than the rubber, depends on what sort of finish a guy is going after too.

We run a rubber edge pusher on our tractor, it cleans nice but it doesn't get a good scrape. If I didn't have a back blade I wouldn't be able to clean the lots good enough to be able to see parking lines with just the rubber edge pusher alone.
  4. sbax76

sbax76 Junior Member

It's for a high traffic shopping center, can get packed down at times. Snow is always different being so close to the water, wet, light, etc. We always presalt and stick with salt all the time. Had a protech about 8 years ago and had it for two days, brought it back to the dealer. Was a universal skid mount and the bottom tab wasn't right, kept falling off, the bottom tab was so weak. I ran it so it wasn't abused. Like the artics, but not going to spend the money. Protech is 2100 and FFC is 2900??? If it's better quality I'll spend the extra money. Really have never heard any feedback on the FFC?
  5. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

I want to say the Gannon pusher we have is made by FFC, I could be wrong. The majority of our loader buckets are FFC and I've never found anything to complain about. I've never heard anything bad about Protech though and it's cheaper, why question it?
  6. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Ive got an older (5-6 years) FFC 10' pusher with mounting plate. I agree with what everyone has said but I still like the FFC over Pro. We are on our third rubber edge and never had had any issues other than banging out the bottom edge behing the rubber when we replace or adjust it. It has not had an easy life as my employees (and me occasionally) hit curbs while half asleep in the lot it stays in. It is a very solid box. The 3/4" steel shoes are almost worn through.

Not to question your logic, but why a 10' and not an 8'. I have mine on an 4 wd ag tractor that I get plenty of traction with 1500lbs of counter weight, filled tires, etc weighing in at around 9500lbs. The guy I bought it from had a JD 8875 and said it was useless on his machine. I have heard that as well here on this forum as well.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  7. sbax76

sbax76 Junior Member

Not to question your logic, but why a 10' and not an 8'. I'm looking for a 8'(Buying a new 8' skid steer pusher, protech or ffc?)??? Fargosnowpro no problems at the mounting plate what so ever???
  8. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

OK...so I am slightly mentally challenged.
    And I've never had a mount issue and it been abused.
  9. sbax76

sbax76 Junior Member

Hey ppandr, we all must be a little! Thanks for the feedback.
  10. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Member

Did you purchase pusher yet? Arctic's sectional is the way to go.. I am a dealer and can quote you on an LD 8 or 10. If interested please let me know and ill share all the info i have with you. I just converted all of our ist pro techs to sectionals.. what size skid steer and what size lot?
  11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

We run the Kage system, in your case I would go with the ProTech.
  12. sbax76

sbax76 Junior Member

Went with the FFC 8'. The construction of the coupler sold me. Used it on the past two storms and so far so good. I was suprised how well it cleaned up with the rubber edge. How do you guys have the edge set up, how far below the shoes?
  13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

About .5 inch