1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Pusher Box

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by T-MAN, Oct 15, 2007.

1. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I have a question here for the guys running S250 Bobcats and NH L185's.
    What size pusher is the max. you would run for a dedicated machine at one site ? I have access to a 10' Pro Tech that I would like to run on a leased machine. ProTechs Website claims either machine should handle it no problem. Artic pushes 10'ers for this size machine as well.
    Longest run will be about 90 yards, we plow with the storm but there can be drifting as well at times.
    What are your thoughts ?
    I would love an 8611, not in the cards yet

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

they will run a 10 footer no problems.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 220 that Im going back and forth between a 8 or 10 footer.

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I think that 80% of the time the machine would handle a 10 ft unit. But when you start getting a heavy type snow you could run into problems.

but you prolly know that already.

peterbilt

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I personally like 8' protechs for this reason. You can put the protech on and drive right up on to the trailer to go from site to site. Where as the 10' you have to take it off and put it on a 2nd trailer to get it there then take it back off.

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

If you have any loading docks to backdrag the 10ft can be a little hard to move around in between any trailers. I like the 8ft with the back drag option