1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Power plow or Speed wing

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Broncslefty7, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

does anyone have any experience using a power plow or a speed wing on a skid steer? at this point im basically on the fence between a power plow and a kage system.

any input would be great.

THank you

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What sized SS?

Personally, I think the SpeedWing would be destroyed on a SS of pretty much any size.

Even the 810SS model didn't hold up well to a Toolcat.

3. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

its a cat 272d about 9800 lbs. 110 HP

4. Mark Oomkes

Lol,the Speedwing will not work.

The 810 or 8100 or whatever they call it won't work.

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

What would you put on in Mark?

6. Mark Oomkes

Good question, lol.

I have no experience with Kage, but they seem like good plows\pushers.

I've been very happy with the LiveBoxx.

I wish I had gone with an 8611SS and would recommend that, but since DD stopped making 8611's...................

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

The only thing I have seen of a kage is the ones that were at the auction where I bought my 2 blizzards and sectional. Most of the blizzards and sectionals were in decent shape but kages were bent up and most had been welded on.

8. Mark Oomkes

Knowing who owned them and ran them, it's hard to say if they're poorly built or if it was strictly operator abuse.

9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

A 272 should handle a 10' pusher without much of a problem. Get a boss plow and the kage pusher and save a little cash

10. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I have a 810 SS. I have run it for the past 8 years with zero damage or problems. I'm not sure what the concern about weight is my truck weights in a 13k plus and I have been running a 810 on that! The other trucks are 10k with no problems. My buddy runs one on a cat 908 loader no problems. When using it remember it's a snowplow not a bulldozer. I watch s guy run a Kage on a cat 262 after one season the plow was junk so worn and welded three times! I have watched guys destroy plows in one season and others like me run them for years(still using a 2000 810 as s spare. Just food for thought.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015