1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjg, Dec 16, 2000.

1. tjg

tjg Junior Member

I have been looking for a snow plow for my 773 but have not found one yet, beside Bobcats model, I have ran both searches already. Any help wound be nice. Thanks

2. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

From what I hear, bobcat has a new snow bucket that really kicks butt, give thema call and see what the deal is.
    Dino

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

6. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

I looked at Snowwolf, and Kwikway, before getting the Bobcat brand one, but the one from Bobcat works fine, paint job was poor, dealer is going to sandblast & paint in the spring, I'm going to give him different paint so it's not gray, really want it yellow like the rest of my plows.

7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I have two of the babcat brand plow too. I agree the paint job is poor.

Secondly an old truck plow will not work well with a skid steer.

Geoff

8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I have a bobcat with a plow, bucket , and snowblower...All are the bobcat options straight from the factory.

The Bobcat plow works fine. I suppose of I wanted a Vplow( and I do, but the hospital cut back in equipment purchases thise year) I would look at kwikway or swedetec (I think thats the company name)

Many maufacturers out there just a matter of choice I guess.

I may put a urethane edge on the bobcat plow.

9. Scag48

Scag48 Member

You can get side wings for the Bobcat snow blade for the 7' and 8' models. That would be like a snow pusher only you wouldn't have to buy a new plow. I don't know if they are made of, if steel, you could weld some bars from the blade to the wings like Avalanche does with theirs to get more strength. Good luck.