1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bln, Dec 11, 2008.

1. bln

bln Senior Member

I have a 46 Hp diesel bobcat i want to get a plow for. Question is what is the biggest plow I can get for it.

Thanks brad

2. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

The biggest plow would be one it could lift. You should visit or consult with the dealers in your area on what they recommend for the snow conditions in your area. What model Bobcat?

3. CUCV

CUCV Junior Member
    from NH

I have run a 9' plow on my 753 (I usually run a 7.5') when I lost a tire on my JD250. It had no problem since it had snowwolf tires on it. That size machine doesn't lack power just traction.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

why would it matter how much plow it can lift?

it will be able to lift alot more than it can push

i would say 7' or so would work good:)

5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I am unfamiliar w/ the stats. on your loader. Whats really important (to me) is how heavy is your machine?
    I have a Mustang 2040, it weighs in at about 4800-5000 lbs. and I run a 7 1/2 ft Western blade w/ pro wings so it comes out at about 9' 2". I do fine w/ most snow except the really wet sloppy 1's. I don't come up short on power-I simply lose traction.

6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Check into this blade. Everyone has an opinion on it. Just like any other piece of equipment, but you be the judge. If you have the extra finances anyway. Degleman manufactures it. Not sure that's spelled right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYMfv...eature=related

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

linki no worki