1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer plow question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rjm022, Dec 11, 2010.

1. rjm022

rjm022 Member

i need set of flow restrictors. anybody have a website so i can buy them online. i bought the hoses online and the guy told me that the 1/4 inch hose should prevent the plow from slamming side to side. this is not the case-found out today when i hooked everything up.
  2. Rod (NH)

Rod (NH) Member

I'm currently in the planning process of adding my 8ft Fisher truck snowplow to my skid steer. I have purchased adjustable flow restrictors from Surplus Center. Since the truck plow pump is low flow (~2 gpm) as compared to the SS flow of 12-30 gpm, flow restricters are needed to keep the angling speed to a reasonable level. I decided on adjustable restrictors so I can adjust the angling speed to my personal liking and without slamming at the end of the stroke. These are the restrictors I have:

3. rjm022

rjm022 Member

rod-thanks for the help.
  4. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

We had the same problem when we used to run plows before pushers. All I did was went to napa and got some of orphis's (sp). They were pretty small and I'm even thinking 1/16" or so but its been 5 years since we had them plows. They aren't adjustable but cost wise I don't know what the difference would be. I wish I could help you out more but that is what I did. Good luck
  5. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Local bobcat dealer will have them in stock.
  6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I made my own by putting sheetmetal discs behind the couplers and progressively drilling holes in them until the desired speed was reached. I know it's pretty redneck but after pricing the adjustable flow restrictors i figured i'd give it a whirl. Four years later and a total investment of zip and they're still working great
  7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I get mine from a local farm implement dealer, who always has them in stock. They're just simple fittings with a tiny orifice, which I've always drilled out to 1/16". I can't see how you can get away w/o them, it's just way too fast.
  8. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

yup 1/16 in a dime nickel penny