1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer plow or box pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ponyboy, Oct 31, 2009.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have a NH 185B to keep on site it has 2 med size lots and a good amount or road to be plowed am i better off with a 10 pusher box or a 10 foot snow plow on the skid steer. I dont need to pile the snow just get ot off the black top I get paid extra to pile it after the storm by mgmt approvale. Has any one used the plow or box pusher before I have not and need to make a decision quickly and is 10 feet to big should i go 9 feet I think 8 is too small Any help or comments would be great . Thanks

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 185b and use a 9 and 10 foot pusher and actually use the 9 footers on my smallest machine with little problems. good size lot can't beat a pusher

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

ITS A MED SIZE LOT but a lot of road ways connecting buildings

4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a plow (10' w/wings on) & access to a 10' pusher on my skid. I personally prefer the plow as I do quite a bit of windrowing & most of the lots I do can take snow on 2-3 sides. In a few spots, the box would definately be faster. In loading docks, backdragging, drives/roadways, a plow cant be beat IMO.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

thanks this lot has room on 3 sides so i guess a plow is the way to go and thats what i was thinking

Now what type???

6. xtreem3d

if you have room for snow on 3 sides.. a pusher would go down one side turnaround on it's axis and push back the opposite direction..it won't go any faster and easier than that...if you want all out efficiency a pusher is the way to go....if you also have backdrag issues and no where to put a box of snow going down your roads( ie: you have to windrow snow to street edges) a plow might be better
    you might check Ebay for new skid steer plows..they had some great prices on BOSS 9 and 10 footers also maybe ESI (sponsor here)

7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

yes i need to windrow some road ways the lots are not huge probally 2 hours with the machine and then another 2 hours of streets i will look up boss i want a trip edge like fischer has on their plows for when something gets hit

8. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

kage innovations makes a blade and pusher all in one unit.

kageinnovation.com

I might buy one next week

9. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

What do they cost and who sells them in Canada?

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i just looked at boss they only go to 9 i think I am better with a 10 that way when i go up and down the road way i will only ned 1 pass up and 1 down it is a one way road so i figure it was 9 feet wide

11. xtreem3d

My BOSS skid steer plows are all trip edges..work great. i also have the KAGES as mentioned above..they are awesome!!!!

12. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

that look great i will be getting a quote on one tomorrow for sure it is the best of both worlds thanks for all the help i have made my mind up

13. xtreem3d

my qoute for the kage (not boss plow) is 2100.00 in US i actually don't think they have distributors. i have always just gone through kage innovations

14. xtreem3d

i don't know this for sure but remember seeing boss 10 foot skid steer plows on Ebay (brand new) although there aren't any listed tonite. i also thought my rep said a 10 foot moldboard could be swaped for the nine if i wanted to..just unbolt and re-bolt .

15. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

they said they do have them in the USA on their web I want a quote and their is a local Boss dealer i will call tomorrow either way by the end of the week I need to have placed my order Kage is first choice then Boss.

Was that 2100 for the whole set up plow and box or just the box because that seems low i was guessing around $4,000 for a 10 foot one

16. xtreem3d

2100.00 is for my 9ft Kages..can't remember how much an extra a foot more is but i don't think it was much. i got my Boss skid plows local for about 3100.00...so 5200.00 total

where did you see the 10 footer in US ..?

17. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

that makes more sense now you can use any plow with it i will still look at their whole package though plow and kage thank you for your help i am better with trucks then machines but im sick of buying trucks that sit all year except for the snow

18. xtreem3d

unless the options have changed you can only use a few different plows with the Kage..Boss, Falls/snow wolf, and Kages own plow .....if your still here can you give me the link to the US Boss 10 foot notation?

19. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I didn't find a Canadian distributor yet. I got a quote direct from the manufacturer and one retailer in Minnesota.a 10 ft complete sysyem was $5650 US and about $375 to ship to Thunder Bay.

20. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i spoke with kage today their plows was $1500 more than the boss plow, they say the boss plow will break and that theirs is worth the extra money. I am getting the box from kage with the special bracket needed for the boss plow and shipping I am able to save $1200 should I go with the boss or not be cheap and get the whole kage set up and they are 14 days out and i will have the boss in 4 days and the box from NE in the same time .