1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by R.G.PEEL, Nov 25, 2010.

1. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

S185 with blower, T 650 with 8 ft pusher, now has a 10 ft pusher will post new pics when I have some.+

Attached Files:

2. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

very nice machines! Love the gold wheels!

3. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Very nice....but gold?? lol

4. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

There were a few years where the loaded models for the bobcats were referred to as 'GOLD PACKAGE" machines. Used to run an aniversary edition that had gold door and decal package as well. The rims came that way, not my doing.

5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I've got a nice 20' gold chain I bought from princess auto that I was going to used to tie my Cat down. It would look pimpmin with your gold rims. Maybe get Mr Tee to drive that one.

That looks like in the area of Dundas & Winston Churchill.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  6. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

Yep, I pitty the fools that run the typical orange rims. lol.

7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

very nice rgpeel !! very productive looking pair of machines you have there !!!

9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Cool combo there!!!

10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice machines! I like the gold wheels, I want some.:cool:

11. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Very sharp! Does your s185 have high flow hydraulics?

12. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

How well does the T650 push snow I have a T190 and am scared that it wont work out.

13. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

We use a T190 to push snow with a 8' bucket. It does OK but the technique in driving it -v- a wheeled skid is different. You can't operate it like a wheeled machine, keeping the tracks flat on the ground is key. To much down pressure and you'll skid the tracks like crazy. Once you figure out how to drive it on snow you'll do just fine. We mostly use the 190 to move piles and stack.

We just picked up a new S250 2 Speed with a 9' Snow Wolf, it's night and day and now I don't even like getting in the 190 LOL.

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned

This is true.

We run an 8ft pusher on a T190, and it does fine. This year that machine will be equipped w/ polar treads...I have been told they make a HUGE difference.

15. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

No, the S185 is not a high flow but even on standard flow it throws very far and isn't underpowered. The blower will take high flow when its on machines that have it.

As for the continuous track vs tire debate, Tracks are fine if they can stay planted on the ground. The easiest way to do this is to have a pusher like the one from bobcat where there is a slip link between the mounting plate and the box, the machine and the box can move independently in the vertical direction for several inches. This eliminates the problem of pushing down on the pusher, which lifts the front of the tracks making the back corner the only point of contact. Secondly the T 650 has roller suspension This allows the track to maintain full contact when going over speed bumps ridges etc... This is similar to the way that the Cat/asv suspended rollers keep traction vs a solid undercarriage. It is also significantly heavier than a T 190 so I can't answer whether yours would push well or not. Only way to know is to try. I will say that I used to have a T 190 and they are a phenomenal machine for working with dirt.

Long winded, but I hope this helps. And the compliments ppl have made are appreciated.

PS, I'm still trying to contact MR. T to see if he needs winter work as an operator.

16. R.G.PEEL

from Toronto

Post pics of the new setup, sounds like a nice rig.

17. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Will do, just haven't had time to download pics to PC yet. Been meaning to get some pics of the fleet posted too. I'll have them soon in the pics section.