1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer or tractor

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by westernboy16, Dec 1, 2005.

1. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

whats better for residental and commercial a skid steer or a small tractor with a blade or auger (a little rider with cab)

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

tractor all the way.

I have a skidsteer, and although they can be made useful, they are more often than not useless on anything but hard dry surface.

The addition of truck tires, etc... to your skidsteer can aid it's ability to move snow, but if you are buying new equipment, 4wd tractor hands down.

Skidsteers are incredible machines for parking garage roof decks and tight places. They can make quick work of back dragging, etc... but atleast around here, they are a dime a dozen in the winter time.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

We for many years until I got my license. I ran a JD garden tractor with plow/blower (no cab GRRR, now I have one and no use for it) But then I up graded to a Kubota B7500 with plow and blower. Let me say a Compact tractor is the best thing for driveways. A skidsteer will leave tire marks, not something a home owner wants.

But in commerical lots, a skid steer is king. Faster and heavier. So it can push more snow.