1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer or BOSS problem?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Brian Young, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Hey guys, I finally got the new BOSS skid steer plow all mounted up and plumed in on my New Holland LX665. I'm having a problem with the left/right controls, after everything was hooked up I tried to use the attachment control lever by pushing it down....the plow went to the left but when I pulled up on the lever, there was no movement back to the right. In fact the lever (handle) was kind of just moving freely with no restriction or pressure. Any thoughts?

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

brian i have several NH's...... doesn't your handle actually go left and right once you release the pin from it's detent on the right handle? did you confirm that the aux hyds worked before?

3. Brian Young

Yes, once you release that pin, the handle goes 90 degrees to the left then back straight up and down. When the handle goes down (90 degrees to the left) the plow angles to the left but nothing when the handle goes back up.

4. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I had a similar problem last week. You should try bleeding the cylinders on the blade, I bet you have trapped air.

My blade would move right but would barely creep back to the left. I bled the cylinders and all was good.

5. Brian Young

I could try that, but would that make my lever/handle act like nothing was hooked up to it when I pull it up?

6. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I have a deere 6675 which is basically the same machine. I had funky acting aux operation that was the handle having too much slop in it. Check the bolts holding the handle to the control arm.

7. Brian Young

Checked all the linkage I could see and it was all held together with pivot type rods and they all looked good. I talked to a New Holland mechanic and he said the rod that goes to the valve has a cotter pin and it might be rotted out letting the rod push against the valve as it should but not pulling it back.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

in case you don't already know the cotter pin will be under the plate you have your heater on

9. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Sounds plausible... I'd have to look at mine, but its sitting in a customers back yard. Mine wasn't the actual linkage, it was the aluminum assb that mounts to the arm being loose.

10. Brian Young

LOL, I know, at least when I flipped up the seat, it looks like they left and ran the hoses in a way that can be rotated up like the seat. Tomorrow I'm going to either remove the heater or just "flip" up the whole plate enough to maybe check it out. Even if I need to take off the heater its only 2 hoses I can pinch off and 2 wires. If that pin was all thats wrong with it, that would be sweet but who am I kidding,lol :cry:

11. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

On our NH skid you actually a vertical (nuetral) position, left 90*, and right 90*.

When you push to the left the blade will angle left. When you pull the handle back to a straight up vertical position the blade will stay angled left. You have to push it to the right to get the blade to move back to a straight or angled right position.

12. Brian Young

Your saying the handle will actually go past vertical to the right?

13. erkoehler

Yes, mine does. It is an older model, but it is a NH.

14. Brian Young

I just went out to double check that and mine must be different. There's only about 2 inches before it hits the side of the cab.

15. erkoehler

Any luck? I meant to take a picture today of mine but totally forgot.

16. Brian Young

No luck, We actually finished up our last two fall clean ups today and then I had to swap out equipment and check the snow blower's out. Does your handle have pressure both ways? Mine only has pressure (resistance) pushing it down but no pressure or resistance pulling it back up which makes me believe what the mechanic said....he said there is a cotter pin in one of the rod ends that might have rotted out. He said it would still push against the valve but with no cotter pin holding it on, it would move back as if it wasnt hooked up to anything.