1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Operating manual

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snowman79, Nov 27, 2007.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

I was wanting to know the basic way to operate the skid steer. Ive only operated once with foot pedals and now im wanting to know how to operate a skid steer like a CASE 95xt or the new 400 series. I want to know how to operate it. also the best way how to operate it with the push box on the front for snow....sorry this may make me sound stupid but im new.

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

It comes with practice, you will figure it out. One thing about working in snow is the machine has a less traction, so it moves a little bit different in some situations. To me you have a bit of slide so you can whip around and turn alot faster. I use hand controlls but have started using foot controlls in the open just for practice.

3. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

well i know how to drive it, its just like a zero turn mower, its just i am wondering which stick moves the bucket, which one raises and lowers that actually arms. etc

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

well if you want an actual manual I just did a search and there are lots of manuals forsale on ebay. I only really know bobcat. I havent used a case before.