1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer mounted blower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by K&N Snow, Dec 20, 2008.

1. K&N Snow

K&N Snow Member

We have a few large apartments and I want to get them done faster. Would it work to wind row all the snow to the middle. Then take our skid with a blower and and blow the snow in a dump truck and dump it on site. Would this work and would it save me time
  2. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

that would be so slow and what if some 1 whanted to leave
  3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I can't see that saving any time.
  4. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

a lot of cities do this but they have big FEL mounted snow blowers that fill tri-xales and grain dumps. it is just as fast as loading it but that is with the huge equipment. if you have a skid steer, why not put a large light materials bucket and just load the truck that way? plus i think you need a hi-flow skid to run the blowers with the tall shoots
  5. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Sounds like a lot of gas. Not a good idea.
  6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

How about: angle plow to the sides and then square up and make your piles disappear with the blower. I use one of ours to do that if needed, you can turn a big pile into something small rather quickly if done right after you plow. Don't wait because when it's solid ice, not going to happen.
    Otherwise the previous posts are correct, it would take to much time.