1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer issue

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by hardwoodcd, Dec 7, 2013.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I bought a 2010 Cat 246C a couple months ago. I'm noticing a problem with a couple things. When you are driving forward or backwards and let off the skid keeps going for a few feet before machine stops. Also same machine is very jerky turning left and right. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?
    Thanks, Casey

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Moving after stop might be normal
    Jerky, air psi, and watch your 0degree turns

3. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I have a 252b as well, smooth as butter! Spots as it should and super smooth left and right.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

252b and a 246c are different machines
    Ck the tire psi

5. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I will give that a try!

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's how the newer machines are. They tend to drift a bit to keep from damaging the drive system. As far as being jerky, go into the computer on the control panel and turn your settings down a little. Should solve your problems.

7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

How do you do this? I have control panel on top right, but can only control speed with creeper switch on. My 262c is sensitive only going left or right. Loves to jump in those directions. When I called my local cat dealer they said have to bring machine down and they can hook up there pc and adjust to my liking. My 262a controls are smoother but they are hydraulically controlled.

8. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

x2! how do we do this? And Rob, does your machine drift to a stop?

9. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Doesnt drift that bad, just left & right over turns. I just don't find steering control very refined compared to my older A series machine. What kind of plow do you use on your machine?

10. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

10'protech pusher