1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer hydraulic pedal is sticking

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Camden, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

John Deere 250, the pedal that controls the raise and lift is starting to stick. Am I missing a grease zerk or is that a sign of wear? I raised the cab on it when the problem first started and I couldn't see anything wrong.

Has this happened to any of you and if so what was the solution?

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Fluid film the hinges?

3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Is it slow in returning back to rest or is it staying stuck like it was locked in place to where you pushed it?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

It locks into place both up and down.

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Lube and lots of it!
    Oh, and lots of it!

6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Buy a Bobcat..............Thumbs Up

Sorry, I mean check the linkage closely under the cab, lube it well, and clean all the crap out from under the pedal while you're at it.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

For as little as I use the thing I shouldn't be having issues....then again, maybe that's the problem :confused:

I'll pop the cab up and grease the heck out of it with a needle tipped gun.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I sprayed all the links and cables under the cab when it happened on the new Gehl

9. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Check the linkage under the cab to make sure its not bent and forced up against a bracket. Lube the pivot and make sure its not gummed up. Disconnect the cable if possible to eliminate anything past the cable. Does it do it running and shut off or just when its running?

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid Film will help more then the needle on your grease gun. I think it's from lack of use we run into that with a lot of our stuff. Your wiener probably suffers from lack of use also. LOL

11. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

The detents in the control valve are rusted. They are in the covers attached to the main body of the control valve.