1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Guy LLC Picture thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by skidsteerguy, Jan 29, 2015.

1. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

I've been scrolling through pages for a few years, had some time this morning so I thought it's about time to make a photo thread page. Need to get more photos off my phone to the computer as most photos right now are of the equipment I had a year or two ago.

2. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice fleet, you got much snow where you are located?
  3. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice looking equipment! Where in Wisconsin are ya?
  4. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Based out of Eau Claire, WI, we have some snow, for what I have invested this winter not nearly enough. Crossing my fingers for February.
  5. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Pictures of the current sidewalk machines and the current salt truck we use

6. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

New to me equipment this fall. Cat 924g with 16' steel trip edge pusher, will get traded out next year for a liveboxx, just didn't have the funds to do everything I wanted this year. Toolcat was bought after selling the Cat 262c, v plow was slightly cut down to fit down some sidewalks on the property so it does the walks and trims obstacles for the loader.

924gnewpaint (2).JPG

7. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

This should be the last of the pictures, this is the latest and greatest in our fleet, most expensive but should last a long time and is so productive it's hard to consider anything but more tractors. New Holland 6.175 with a Agrimaxx 12-19' blade with a Hitch Doc snow blower with 42" impeller.

newhollandblowerplow (2).JPG

newhollandblowerplow (3).JPG
  8. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Awesome fleet. How do you like the tractor and agrimaxx plow? We use some deere ag tractors but all have loaders and arctics on front. Thinking of other options.
  9. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

I love the tractor and blade, would have really liked a john deere but I believe the one I was looking at was a 2003 with 3000 hrs and for the same price I was able to get this 2014 with 300 hrs and warranty I like the frame mounted pusher, but that's also because of the loader if I have to do any loading, as far as pushing back piles the tractor can handle that. I have never used an arctic, always had kage plows and when I toyed the idea of arctics around it just seemed like maintenance is high until I decided to try a metalpless. No doubt it's more expensive but with the power wings it has replaced two trucks easily, probably more. I posted more pictures of the tractor under the metal pless forum if you're interested. For sure the metal pless seems to heavy to put on the loader arms but that's just my .02 cents
  10. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

What do you haul in the pete with the bed like that?
  11. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Not much lol. Had an older ford tandem plow/salt truck and when I saw this one I liked the length, automatic, had a 9" stainless spreader so I traded the ford in on it. Per axle weight I can haul more then the tandem, tandem had a 14k front axle this has a 18k axle, the kind DOT ran the bridge law this past summer when they pulled the truck over and financially told me I can legally haul 47,500 gross, whereas the axles would allow 51k. Disappointed with the difference but my understanding is quads around here that say they can haul 72k, if they were bridge law'd I believe would actually be 67k or so. If we load ourselves we can axle out as the box needs to be loaded how it looks, little in the back and a lot up front. Hauling concrete sucks as the tailgate is short but at the end of the day, it's a Peterbilt and I always wanted one with a plow. For large hauling jobs I hire out quads and this spring we'll be getting our own dump semi.
  12. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Wow those pictures are awesome thank you for taking the time to take them. Here is the thread he is talking about http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1944393#post1944393