1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Gallery

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nhpatriot, Jan 27, 2009.

1. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Hey guys, let's see some skid steers! I always want to see other setups from my own. Thinking about getting a light material bucket for this machine to stack with/clean up. Any opinions on snow buckets?

late january 024.jpg

late january 023.jpg

late january 025.jpg
  2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

um, what's with the waste mangement dumpsters? That's a nice plow set-up. Does it really need chains?
  3. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Waste Management shares the same 30 truck heated garage that I keep the skiddi in. I plow for them and 3 adjacent companies, so I keep this on site. And yes, chains are absolutely necessary for this rig. 80 hp spins those tires quick with that big pusher on the front, especially on icy stuff.
  4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Thats a real nice skid. I love the new design of the cabs on the New Hollands. Very spacious, which is a big issue for a taller guy like myself. The JD's that I tried out were tiny inside
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Love the new holland!. Is that an L185? cant tell from the pics.
  6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Whats the deal with the plate on the back? I always see this and it makes sense to me to have one, but what is it required for? Thanks,

7. Bananas

Bananas Junior Member

i used to run the same setup your running now, when i finished up i grabbed the light material bucket to stack and clean up. worked great for me, plus the smaller bucket will cost you less of course.
  8. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Are you talking the orange triangle?

Its a Slow Moving Vehicle sigh. If you machine goes real slow, and you are on plubic roads, its required.

10. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

it looks like there is a lisc. plate in the rear window i think thats what he is talking about
  11. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

up here, equipment has to be registed, GT (general tractor) goes on any equipment that will be operated on a roadway. that's how our hoe is registed.. only about $40 a year
  12. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

It is a license plate in the rear window. $28 this year, goes down as machine depreciates. I have run my other equipment over road for years without them, but for a few bucks it gives me piece of mind, as I have one of my employees in running the machine. Could save some $ in a claim.

Yes, it is an 08' L185
  13. OakhillsSnowdiv

OakhillsSnowdiv Member
    from mass

heres mine still saving up for a kage innovations removable box

Picture 034.jpg
  14. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have a full sized plate (just like a car or truck) on my skid steer. Down here we pay our property taxes at the DMV (on our equipment) and you must display the plate (if you intend to drive on or across public roads) or a sticker (if you are going to transport it). Ag vehicles are exempt. If you do not display either your machine is subject to impound if it is on the public roads. The plate for my A300 is about $700 anually. When you purchase the machine you do not know the exact amount you will pay. You submit an application to the Dept. of Revenue and they will let you when they get around to it.
  15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Those are some cool skids guys. I hope to have one someday when my company gets bigger.
  16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice skid steers. Can't wait until I get one.
  17. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Nice New Holland Oakhills! Those Kage plows are sweet. Check out Snow Wolf's version of the same idea, I think it's cheaper. I haven't been able to find a website for them, but they sell them through my local New Holland dealer, and some sites online. If you search Plowsite, you will find some stuff on it too.
  18. wewille

wewille Senior Member

A skidsteer is a great investment! They are so versatile, manuverable, and powerful. Id say my skidsteer and v plow are the best investments ive made for my snow plowing and removal operations.
  19. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Are your windows tinted? And is your blade homemade for the bobcat?
  20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Heres mine