1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Enclosure Pics???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Comet, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Hi
    Im seeking an enclosure for my cat 226

Does anyone have any photos they can post of their skid steer loader with the enclosures that are selling such as this below or similar?

I would really appreciate to see actual pics of these enclosures on your machines and not just the advertisement photos :)

http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Cat_Cab_Enclosure_p/ace-cat.htm

And also why do they not make the nylon for the catipillars as in?;

http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_Nylon_Cabs_p/ccm-.htm

I have always roughed it and dressed as if I was skiing in foul weather with no problems and will continue for awhile longer

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

just a suggestion, we built our own cab a couple of years ago, was really not that hard to do, and if you need some advice i would be glad to help, and i well try to post some pics of it here.

3. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Thanks, pictures would sure help if & when you get a chance
    Im flooded with so much unforseen nonsence Im not too sure I want to tackle it but If I saw photos that can maybe change my mind :)

I would buy the Nylon in a heart beat but there is no listings for Cat machines :(
    http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_Nylon_Cabs_p/ccm-.htm

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

try norther tool, they used to carry nylon enclosures for many types of skidsteers

5. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Unfortunately no one makes these for the Caterpillar:cry:
    Might have to resort to the plexi after all

would love to see some close up photos :waving:

6. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Here's what I want to do... I basically bought a vinyl enclosure. It works good except for the wind flips the lower panel in. I fixed that with a section of diamond plate along the bottom of the door frame. Anywho. I want to just get a piece of 1/4" Lexan, cut it to size & wrap the edges with aluminum channel to give it some rigidity as I want to install a wiper on it. I figure a wiper assy. from a rear deck lid on a mini van would work sweet. Those $850 kits look nice, But it seems kinda pricey for 3 pieces of acrylic & a wiper motor & door frame.

7. Kenkreger

Kenkreger Member

8. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Great Ill take a look
    thanks

9. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Nice work Ken, Yea I forgot to mention, look at other skids that are similar when looking for stuff. They didn't have my 6675 listed when I was looking for enclosures, so I went with an ls170 version. same skid basically...

10. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Is there a cross reference chart out there to match up an enclosure like you had experienced?

11. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Nope, I just winged it. I have a buddy with an ls170 & they are basically the same. NH made the 6675 evidently. You may check heavyequiptmentforum dot com Those guys are scary smart & they may have an answer for you on what machine would be similar enough to yours. Take measurements of your cab & measure some other machines. then look that model up.
    Something I also thought about doing is contact ss solutions & see about just buying the door & frame. Hard to say what that might save you. Probably not much... plexiglas would be cheap for the sides. The only thing I don't like about my vinyl door is lack of wiper. I thought also about just attaching lexan to the frame of my current door.

12. Comet

Comet Senior Member

I just called the cat dealer to check out a door & frame, they will get back to me with a price,
    I will post that when I hear from them, might be shocking considering the prices they shot at me for a grapple and combination bucket,,
    I went ahead and purchased them from Bob cat with 0% financing,
    love the attachments

P1010427_demo800.jpg

13. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

heeheehee. Yea my deere dealer & the NH dealer as well wanted over 1000 for just the door & frame.

14. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Cats price was $1200 for a complete front door enclosure with wiper, locking door latch etc
    They would install it it for $2000 in which that blew me away,

15. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I did the same thing last year, but I put it on myself. It only takes an hour and a half. It's reeealll easy. Don't wast the $800, use that to buy the heater or the sides.

16. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Thanks
    Have any photos?
    How often do you really get to use the wiper? is it really needed?
    I remember some one saying in a thread the wiper was hardly ever used

thanks

17. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

we don't really use the wipers very often

18. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

[QUOTEHave any photos?
    ][/QUOTE]

Use the wiper if its raining. After it snows. We get that alot around here.

012.JPG

19. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

hey comet
    we use our wiper every storm i wouldnt go with out it...
    i had to buy 2 doors for my cat 246 for some reason they get all bent up when you hit it with the loader :D
    Allen
    im ganna check at my shop i might have the last door that got bent. if its fixable its all yours
    ill get back to yah later

20. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

The wiper gets used every time I am out plowing in a storm, when it is snowing and windy, the snow melts on the windshield and it is just like driving around without wipers in your truck, when there is no falling snow it is not as big of a problem.