1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid-steer bucket + poly edge = "Pusher"???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChicagoSnow, Nov 25, 2003.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I would like some insight please.............

My idea is to set up a 88" Bobcat bucket with a poly edge and "sno-gate" side bucket wings ( www.sno-gate.com ) to create my own snow pusher. Also would be sure to float the skid steer arms (instead of down pressure), or do I use pressure applied to the poly edge for better scraping ability?

Has anyone tried this?

What type of poly edge can I use? Do they make a poly edge that "slips" over/under the bucket edge???

Thank you

2. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:bluebounc chicago snow, i bought a light material bucket last fall for snow and mulch, it is great for snow, cost me about $800, tony
  3. ChicagoSnow

I have used a light material bucket for snow plowing before, your right............ it does work fine.

Just trying to make a more durable and productive skid steer bucket plus.
  4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We have a poly edge that bolts to your bucket. We have a piece of steel and embedded bolts cast in the poly.
  5. ChicagoSnow

I e-mailed you my information............. I will forward you the bucket sizing information for the next step.

Joe Pacocha

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

hey buuuuuudy, have 6 years in a skid loader pushin' snow. first of all:why do you want a poly edge....pavers?-what are you plowing-why the wings with such a tremendous turning radius on a skid loader. I have litterally plowed several thousand drives with a straight blade and have never wanted wings. And, down pressure is king when back dragging.
  7. ChicagoSnow

Actually this machine will be used on decent size parking lots as a back up machine (if needed) and/or dropped off at a commercial or retail site after the S300 is used to load our salt trucks.

I know the regular bucket will work fine............ just trying to improve the wheel I guess and save the purchase of yet another plow??????

Wouldnt you agree that a poly edge on the bucket would of course save your bucket (steel) edge and of course possibly prevent a nasty "hang up" on a sewer cover in high speed (12mph.)???

What do you think........