1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Blowers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Big Dog D, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I am considering purchasing a snowblower for my CAT 268 I got a quote from my Cat salesman and was bowled over:eek:. I was figuring them to be about 5k instaed of 8k oh well. Anyway does anybody have anything to say(good, bad, otherwise) about units by Erskine, Loftness, or QuickAttach which I think is the people who owned Erskine before Bobcat bought them.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

8 g's????
    Man , thats a lot of scratch---if you get it, hope it snows a ton.
  3. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I did a lot of research on this subject before purchasing my blowers.

Erskine was bought out by Ingersoll-Rand some years ago. Ingersoll-Rand than closed the plant and moved the operation to another location. The people working at the original plant (approx 50 of them) reopend the plant and are now called Erskine Attachments.

I (at the time) decided to purchase the Ingersoll-Rand version due to change in the electrical connection (7 vs. 14 pin). I had some difficulties with the blowers and even though they did not come from Esrkine, the people in the plant not only knew what the problem was, they helped my to find the solution. It is very obvious that they are very knowledgeable. With their expertise, the Bobcat dealer was able to get the problem fixed.

Their engineering department will tell you that each blower must be specifically match to the machine's specs for flow rate, pressure, etc.

Very nice, knowledgable people!
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks timm9. I have e-mailed them about a week and a half ago but they haven,t gotten back to me.

Any body else????
  5. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

try FFC

Try the FFC attachments. I have a snowblower from them and it works great,