1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Feb 5, 2011.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

What applications do you use a skid blower for? I could use one now to widen the roads on one of our hoa's, but normally wouldn't find use for it.
  2. leon

leon Senior Member

snow thrower

A lot of people use them for everything involving snow removal;

The thing is the hydraulic power is limited to the available
    fluid power from the skid loader.

You would be better off putting a Pronovost Puma 64 on your B7610.
  3. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I have rented one for widening out a road i used to maintain, the only problem i had was ground clearance. The road under the snow is much lower and soft while the road cleared is froze solid and is much higher. I got hung up several times and ended up putting a person in my truck to keep ahead of me so they could tow me out.
  4. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I could see it used such as Neige in driveways. But not on parking lots. Even the property my machine is on has roads and individual cul-de-sacs with the units in close proximity. The plow is much quicker. I could use one now to widen all the roads as the snow is so high the rolling action off the plow doesn't get the snow high enough anymore over the existing snow burm along the roadside.