1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer blower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by HIGHWAYMAN, Jan 27, 2011.

1. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

I am looking for a skid steer blower, I have two skid steers 226,228 highflow. we need a very heavy duty blower. I will be doing all types of work with it. The wigth of the blower has to be between 73" and 66".
    Any input would be good. thanks

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Is the 226 a HF? Your 228 will work but if the 226 is a std flow it won't work

3. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Use your highest horsepower machine then match the blower up with your machines hydraulics. Loftness seems good. But there are alot of companies making them now.

4. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

here is my youtube site there are a few videos of my blower, its a sbx 240 (i think) it the biggest they make on a hiflow s300
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=richthecliffs&aq=f

the fan on the bobcat blower is WEAK and I have bent it many times. there might be a reason for its weakness, the fan fails before something esle fails, or they want to sell more fans...the erskin fan is stout compaired...

5. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I was under the impression that Bobcat owned Erskine (AKA Quick-Attach) company? & that many of the Bobcat brand attachments were actually the same thing. Are they different?

6. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

The skid steer I think i am going with is the cat 228 high flow. I looked at a 73" Erksine and think that blower would work great. It will take 2 weeks to get out here,but the erksine looked rugged enough and its 2 phase.
    How do they handle the hard snow, the snow that has been piled up and frozen.

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i have been using my erskine 2410x (84" hi flow unit) for a few months now and love it. i can handle heavy snows easily as i have been blowing back piles at an hoa with it and have come across alot of compacted and iced piles.

the new wear bar setup they have is great. basically a gp bucket reversible cutting edge placed horizontally that allows you to adjust aggressiveness by tilting the blower forward or back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_kWaSFWbk&NR=1

8. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 84 Bobcat SBX240 high flow I'll let go for $6000 if interested.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  9. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I think at one point erskin made the bobcat blower, but its not true today, the 2 blowers are different units, from the electronics to the routing of the hydraulic fluid.