1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid steer blade??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by deere 332, Sep 24, 2011.

1. deere 332

deere 332 Junior Member

just wondering what you guys think of a blade setup on skidsteer. i used a ten foot pusher on my deere 332 skid last winter liked it, but i have a long road to plow between the two parking lots i do and it didn't work so out so well. so i was looking at a ten foot plow setup with wings on it and a rubber edge. with the wings it would be close to 12 wide and the plow is real heavy duty. i sold my pusher so i have to buy this blade set up or spend $2500 more on a 10ft. kage setup. any ideas on what direction to go. never used a blade on a skid before thanks

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I have a 9 foot boss and love it but t also has the Kage attachment to turn it a box and love that also
    Kage system is treat but if one break your whole machine is down my other skid inhale a plow and pusher on site

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I love the blade on my skid. I use it more for the detail work such as back dragging and cutting in curbs rather than for mass snow moving.

4. deere 332

deere 332 Junior Member

thanks i was wondering if a blade can handle as much snow as a pusher? my pusher could really move alot of snow last year and i want to make sure a blade can do the same

5. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

Plow would be nice at times

I'm using an 8' box and welded a 7" blade on the top of it. When tilted forward the blade works great to backdrag with or scrape hard pack. There are times that a blade would work better for some applications.

6. gvm

gvm Member

Take a look at my 6/10' winter blaster. That would be perfect on your 332 Deere

7. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND