1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Attachments

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MIDTOWNPC, Jun 8, 2010.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Just wondering what everyone has for different attachments for their skid.

Im looking at a back hoe attachment for my Bobcat S300. Really like the look of the Horst Welding Big Arm. Seems to be one of few that can be controlled from the cab, but have the ability to swing.

Ive got buckets, 8ft snow plow, forks, and a spade (to dig out rocks, tree stumps ect)
    I have over the tire steel tracks also

Got someone doing a bit of welding for me and Im making a quick hitch trailer reciever
    Ill post pics when I get it done.

Post some pics guys, especially of anything you have made ect.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

No pics but have,

Snow Pusher,
    Snow Plow,
    Bucket w/removable teeth,
    Grapple Bucket,
    6 Way Blade,
    8 Ft Bucket,
    Snow Blower,

6 way blade would be nice with the tracks on.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

IMO bobcats tilt tach is one of the most useful attachements going... for doing grading work

I just looked that tilt tach up. never seen it before. basically its a quick tach after the quick tach that allows any attachment to be rotated. any idea on cost?
  6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Do they still make the back hoe attachment?
  7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Your absolutely right.

Im going to look into that.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The list, 66" 2 72" 72"toothed 78" dirt buckets, 108" and 2 96" snow buckets, 8' 9' and 10' plows, 72" and 78" grader bars, 2 sets of forks, nursery jaws, 72" grapple bucket, 6 way dozer blade, harley rake, stump grinder, auger, U blade, tiller. I feel like I'm forgeting something :confused:
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010

Whats the benefit of a grader bar over a bucket?

Whats a harley rake?

Got pics?

I think I am going to make something like this.
    I think the boom would be great for unloading and moving the plows at the end of the season ect.

Attached Files:

• BOOM.bmp
      File size:
      900.1 KB
  12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-J2lNhGt2I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-J2lNhGt2I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  13. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

14. fireside

fireside Senior Member

cat backhoe 10",18" and 24" buckets
    8' broom
    grapple bucket
    gp bucket with tooth bar
    78" snow bucket
    8' plow
    blizzard ss810
    auger 10 and 14 bits
    log spliter
    lifting arm (custom made)
    harley rake
    8' snowpusher(fisher plow)

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I agree, also handy for building trails thru hills as you can cut into hill to level trail. As far as attachments go I have to many to list but basically everything you can buy except the real expensive ones those I borrow from others who borrow the ones from me that they dont have. We have also built many of our own attachments some very simple but effective and some are very innovative.
  16. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

For my s300 I have a 80 inch smooth bucket, 80inch toothed bucket, pallet forks, hay spear(for round bales) and a 8ft bobcat brand snow plow. In the next few weeks I will be ordering a small bale handler from Steffen systems(http://www.steffensystems.com/Handlers/Small_Bales/5510-1.htm).
    Before winter I will be getting a 9ft snowwolf plow with wings and a 100inch snow bucket :}

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would be very curious how the bale handler works. Please either pm me or post on here thanks
  18. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Well i don't have mine yet, but I had a old farm hand, and have ran friends. They KICK A$$. There is a bit of a learning curve and just like everything they have there weaknesses. Some guys use them to load out of the field ( they pull a accumulator behind the baler). I just use them to load trailers out of the stack and unload at customers barns. You can load by your self or it goes really fast with a helper on the stack(to re arrange your tie tears). You can load 350 bales in 20 minutes.
  19. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have

2 Land Planes (1 old Bobcat, 1 New Deere) By far the best grading atatchments ever made
    1 Bobcat tilt tatch
    1 72" HD Root Grapple
    3 Smooth Buckets
    2 Tooth Buckets
    3 Large Berlon Snow buckets with spill gaurds
    2 sets of forks
    1 3pt Adaptor
    3 Custom Pushers
    1 Custom folding plow
    5 Arctic Pushers
    2 72" Deere Sweepers
    1 72" Sweeptser Power angle Brush
    1 Rock/Ballast Box Custom
    1 Sod Un-Roller Custom

All atatchments can go on either my skids or my tractors

20. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Too many buckets to try to remember, but my favorite is the 2.5yd bucket!

Broom/bucket sweeper attach
    2 forks
    harley rake
    home made log splitter
    Probably a couple i am forgetting, and my more recent favorite:

Split-Fire log splitter- Sit in the AC and split firewood forward and backward!
    It splits on both cycles of the cylinder. Two sided wedge is great! Split in the heated cab in the winter, AC in the summer. Sure helps a bunch. Better than the 3pt splitter on the tractor.