1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid steer all over the place

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by TF123456, Nov 11, 2010.

1. TF123456

TF123456 Junior Member

What tires should i run on an s330 to give it a little more traction.I will not use truck tires please do not recomend them it is a lawsuite waiting to happen. Anything on the wolf paws maybe something else? Any help would be awesome.:realmad:
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Snow Wolf Wolf Paws. 2 sizes are available by Snow Wolf, get the bigger size. They also offer them with studs. I've never heard of any other company that offers a specific snow tire/rim combo for SS's.....good luck.
  3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious, why are truck tires a lawsuit waiting to happen?
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Then you'll be upset when you get your "Wolf Paws" & see what they are actually made for. Please explain the "lawsuit waiting to happen" to me as well. I would think after running skids both ways that stock tires pose waaaay more chance of a liability.....but what do I know:D
  5. fci

fci Senior Member

I am picking up a set of wolf paw tires next week. Everything I have heard about them has been good.
  6. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

I'm looking to so some new wheels and tires on mine. Where can I find narrow wheels like the wolf paws come with?
  7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Gemplers has after market rims, the wolf paws I looked at were still 10x16.5 tires. Which is better than the 12" that were on there.
  8. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Gemplers has 9.75" wide, I was looking for 6-7". Pics I saw of Wolf paws look like they are quite narrow.
  9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Why are truck tires "...a lawsuit waiting to happen"?
  10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

One of my subs runs studded truck snow tires on his bobcat , works just fine .

If truck tires on a skid steer are a lawsuit waiting to happen , what about truck tires on a truck .
    Seems to me plowing snow is a lawsuit waiting to happen . I havent been sued ............... yet
  11. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

What is a lawsuite?? Is that where the lawyers sleep at night?
  12. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Oh my god! I would never put truck tires on a truck. What a crazy idea!

Seriously, you are probably better off with truck tires than skid steer tires if you are on the road. As long as you get ones with the correct load range. They have to meet strict DOT standards where skid steer tires don't. Challenge is findind stuff in a size that works. 16.5" tires are a hard size to find.
  13. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

My local bobcat dealer has snow tires and rims for about a $1000. They are narrower and taller and resemble a truck tire they also seemed fairly soft. Unfortunately I didn't catch what brand they were. Does anyone know of a cheaper tire and rim combination?
  14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I would like to know too. :confused:

15. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Truck tires are DOT rated, off-road tires are not. DOT requires a variety of tests to certify that you wont have as many... suprises.

FYI, Wolf Paws are DOT truck tires
  16. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

And what difference does any of that make on a skidloader?
  17. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Cretebaby, this thread has me scratching my head to...
    Some days lol
  18. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

If this is going to be a class action lawsuit, let me go get come truck tires and I will help too! payup

But on a serious note, what's with the lawsuit?
  19. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I dont think TF123456789 is coming back.
  20. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

I was back in the dealer and I looked a little closer and they were Hankooks. They weren't a truck tire but the tread pattern was pretty close to one. Does anyone have any feedback on a cheaper optipn?