1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid snowblower, idiot proof

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by The mayor, Jan 27, 2010.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I am looking at a snowblower for a skidsteer. I most likely won't be running it. I have a great skid steer operator but sometimes he makes mistakes. How well will a snowblower hold up to someone that has not run one. Are they forgiving in case he does something dumb like run into a curb.
  2. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

We had one a few years ago, used it after a big snow fall, the operator thought he could go as fast as he would plow at. Came back with the blower tunnel bent and side skids worned out. Now we just use the bucket when we need to move snow.
  3. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Thanks, that just answered that question. I think I will save the money and come up with somthing else to clean large sidewalk areas.
  4. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Mayor. How do you know Gumpy didn't have a cheap snowblower? How do you know someone didn't try running that blower into a rock hard pile?

I think you should let some guys that do just about everything with a blower. I know BLOWERMAN is from the Milwaukee area and runs quite a few skids with blowers. I think he is sold on the idea, I know I am working to outfit a Bobcat Toolcat with a blower and 16' Ebling for the 2010/2011 snow season.
  5. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

a good operator that makes mistakes??? not to bash him, but if he can't control a bucket.....a snowblower will really cause some big damage fast !!!