1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johndeereguy, Sep 11, 2008.

1. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

What size of a pusher do you guys recommend for a new Deere 332 with tires and fully weighted. This would be plowing snow at a lot where it does not get very deep, but does have to push it a long ways.

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I personally always go with a 8' skid steer. Its so much easier to transport because u can keep it mounted up to the machine when loading up on a trailer. Then haul site to site. A 10' has to be put on the trailer hauled to the next site, removed, drive back for machine, etc. total waste of time.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

thats a really good point, i never thought about that

4. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I see your point there, but this place the pusher will stay and won't have to leave, will it handle a 12'? Or is 10 plenty?

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

the 332 is a moose of a skidloader but i would probably stay with the 10'

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It will not handle a 12 ft, don't even think about it. Our 320 handles an 8 ft well, so I think you can probably handle a 10 ft.

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would go with a 10 footer if it was me

8. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Go with 10'

9. amberslawncare

amberslawncare Junior Member

I have a 10 and it is great. I push along way on only one of my sites but i dont think you could tell the diff. between a 10 and a 12 stick with the 10..

10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

If you want a 12' skidsteer your protech dealer accutally has to confirm you have the following machines before protech will build one. Gehl 7800/7810. Bobcat 963. Or a minture wheel loader that weights 10,000lbs. Steves got a 12' we put on a gehl 7800 and its a hugh pusher.

11. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Pro-Tech's application guide says that this skid steer could handle up to a 12' pusher. Hope that helps.