1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bird21, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Getting them moved out for their Winter homes.

Installed a Daniels pull plow on a Kubota to do some short straight drives in a townhome development. I know no cab but like I told the operator " Be warm at home broke or go be cold and make some money"

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Good looking skids, what brand plows are you running?
    Robert

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice lookinng equipment!! That's odd seeing a Ford with it's hood up.;)

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good! A lot of nice equipment there.

Just the rear plow for the Kubota?

5. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

The trucks

1 Boss 9'2" poly v
    1 Boss 9'2" poy vxt
    1 Boss 9' Steel Str8
    1 Western Unimount 8'6"
    2 Western Ultra Mount 8'6"

The Skids

7 Snow Wolf 9' some with wings so 11 footers
    1 Western homemade 8 footer with wings-- My first skid John Deere 1997 7775 I repainted it last year.

Just put Polar treads on the 450ct, I hope they work better than the OEMs did.

6. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Just got the Ford back from getting the Boss on so I was changing the fluids etc. No problems with the Ford just some maintenance.

The Kubota was a last minute fab that I did just to add some more iron to the field. I don't need a plow on that, all the drives are short and straight. My idea is to have the tractor pull the snow out and the F450 with the Boss will push it to the snow placement area. Kinda a last minute idea.

7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Good looking equipment, the Ford especially! :laughing:
    Good luck this winter

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking equipment and nice money makers

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. fireside

fireside Senior Member

YEA most of the time there cabs are off the chassie fixing the motor.

11. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Care to elaborate - got the same machine here, was hoping to put it to work in the snow.

12. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

That's some nice looking equipment. How do you like the New Hollands? I'm between those and the Caterpillars I have good dealer support for both around here.

13. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

The 450CT did great the first 2 years on wide open lots, but we have since lost that account last year to a LOWBALLER so I moved it to a new townhome development. The tight areas and wore down tracks made it a little slippery, so I got the polar treads this year for the winter. I will put the other tracks back on in the Spring. All in all a great machine for snow, don't worry it with be fine. Just make sure to clean the heck outta the tracks before you leave it out in the cold.

I would go New Holland over Cat but that is my opinion only.

14. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You think his Ford is junk or what? Why are you laughing at it? You dont have to put :laughing: after everything you say, you know that right?

Very nice equipment. What are your contracts that you have more skids than trucks?

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice equipment, trucks, and plows.

16. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

We do alot of Townhome and Condo Associations----------- Skid Steers are the only way to go with those locations.

17. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

What model is that kobota? I want one that size
    Also do you know how those tires will do in the snow? I think I read that you maybe havn't used it in the snow yet

18. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Keep us posted on how these perform, I'm very interested. and BTW, nice equipment! Love seeing all those SS's ;)... Wish I just had just a fleet of SS's and accounts they were all parked at.

19. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Love your set-up!
    1 ?
    Why does only 1 skid have a strobe??

20. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

You dont have to troll every thread I post on, you know that right? Relax guy.

edit And if your looking for some sort of internet battle, dont bother, Im not wasting my time.