1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Mistake.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by OC&D, Feb 19, 2010.

1. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I know the pic is pretty crap, but all I had was my iphone and it was starting to get pretty dark. Typically I bring my camera, but I forgot this night. This is why you don't stop fast with a skid when you have a full bucket of slushy snow all the way up in the air.....especially at the edge of a ramp!

BTW---This wasn't me, just some poor sap I happened to drive by.

Loader Oops.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

i would need a new pair of shorts lol
  3. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

I've done that only with manure when I worked at a dairy in college. Scary as hell. side note Not braggin but you get to be a pretty good operator when a small mistake will cover you in cow crap. I walked home 2 times. wasnt getting in the truck after being souped on.
  4. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

That is why they have lap bars and seat belts. If it is like mine it shut down when that happened and the operator was stuck like that till he figured it out.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Quicker (and safer) actually to use little 1 ton dumps with the skid. Dumping over the side and moving that mountain again afterwards. Hey did this guy post yesterday about pricing shoveling roofs:laughing:

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Oops, when did you do that? Christmas was the only wet crap.
  7. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Ya. I actually drove up there to see if the guy needed a hand, but there was another couple guys there already. His cage must have been really rattled after the cab hit that concrete wall.
  8. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

It wasn't me, I was just driving by! It was the stuff we got on Christmas though....I took the pic on Christmas eve.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That guy got a second chance at life for christmas! That's crazy!
  10. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I would need to clean my pants.
    We dump ramps every storm. I have neevr been close to tipping like that but got a good bounce going and felt like I was going to go over not fun.
  11. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Is that the guy at the bottom, making snow angels?
  12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Bad day.. glad everyone was ok
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Judging by the other pile they leave it after they dump it off. It would be near impossible for the skid to go off the edge but I'm sure it was scary as heck.