1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Loader Tires:::

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless440, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Going to be buying a new set of tires for my Bobcat..My tire place is telling my to run these Asphalt tires (they have a all terrain pattern) saying the tire life is triple.. They are $80 more each.. These are not the solid flat free tires..

Question is.. Any guys pushing snow with these? How are they? Am i better off buying another set of stock tires?

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I recommend Solideal Lifemasters. Are awesome in snow and last twice as long.

3. Flawless440

I just looked those up, that is the same tire the guy was showing me.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Those look like they would probably spin out on ice. Maybe you guys don't get it as much as us, but either the early winter storms or late winter ones like this week. Wet snow on the bottom as soon as you plow it, it turns to ice. I had a hard time pushing with my big tractor and my skid steer was peeling out in it too. Just like on a pick up truck nothing beats dedicated snow tires. That's on my list for next year some sort of snow and ice tire for my Cat.

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have zero complaints on traction. If the ice is that bad most tires will slip. I do not plan on buying a 1200 set just for snow. Each to their own tho.

6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Well think of it that you get double the life. Lets say 4+ years possibly out of each set. Sounds like a good investment to me.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Yep! More than double the life IMO. I don't understand the hangup of the initial cost of the dedicated snow tires.

8. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Those are the tires i rus as well in the winter and have had great luck with them. I would buy again without hesitation.

9. Flawless440

Guy was quoting me $1300.. I'm seeing those for $2600 from Mid west (bought my Mustang loader there, flaky company)
    Why the big price difference? I was at Good Year

10. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

$299 here for 12x16.5s at Bobcat. 1300 is fair. The other guy wants to retire on the sale. Look on ebay.

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

12. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

13. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If you're having issues with slipping on ice check out the Grip Studs that are advertised here on the site. They work awesome and are removable and reinsert-able. Have been using them for over 4 years with zero issues. As for the tires the solideal's are a great asphalt / concrete all around tire they just suck in the mud.

14. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Life masters were so far the best tires I ran for a year round tire plows great

15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

16. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

17. Flawless440

Good info guys. .