1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Loader Tires and Plow options

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Doug Montanari, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Doug Montanari

Doug Montanari Member

Looking to start using my 236B cat skid loader this year to help with my snow removal accounts Looking for some help with tire options as well as angle plows vs Box plows help please.
  2. kysnowman

kysnowman Member

I've got a 236B. I used it 3 yrs ago when I didn't have a plow for my truck. I just used the bucket without the tooth bar. The tires were the michelins that don't have much tread to begin with. Plus the tires were at 50%. The machine did excellent. With the bucket I was able to get under the ice and 13 inches of snow. I think if you had the plow you would be happy. It would go alot faster than the bucket.
  3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

on our cat we put back the stock air tires that came with the cat...we run soild tires most of the year for demos....and its got a 7ft bob car plow i think its 7ft...but it works out good....everything isnt even ready for that....the driver wears bibs and puts his ipod on and goes for hours....
  4. SLLNorth

SLLNorth Member

currently using 3 john deere skids for snow. Highly reccomend a 33in. mud terrain e-load tire for winter. It makes a huge difference. We have been doing this for 8 years. We made our own plow frames and use 8.5ft western blades. Snow buckets also.
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8' Protech snow pusher. 1 protech will out push two trucks with 7.5' Plows.
  6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Do they have a website?

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8. mountain_goat

mountain_goat Junior Member

Chain up!

I'm new to the forums -- this looks like a great site!

FWIW, I plow all dirt roads and driveways and my dealer suggested getting 2 sets of truck chains as a cheap alternative to tracks. Works great! I can plow 6" of reasonably light snow going UP a 20% grade with my LS-150. Over 6" and I have to lift the blade partway because I lack the power, not the traction.

That 20% grade is no exaggeration. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I plow around here in the foothills of the Rockies. Where we've had about 65" of snow since Xmas!!! :D I've been doing a lot of bucket work because people don't call me until the snow is too deep to plow -- then they discover that they really aren't saving money by waiting!
  9. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I have been plowing with stock tires and they work fine as long as they have some meat on them, I put together a plow for my machine for about 400 bucks all said and done. Here are some pics.
  10. mountain_goat

mountain_goat Junior Member