1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Loader Spreader ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dynamike, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Dynamike

Dynamike Junior Member

Does anyone use a spreader on the front of a skidloader? If so can you give me some info. Thanks
  2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite! I believe Columbiaplower? posted (with pics) not too long ago about mounting a Western Pro Flo 2 on the front of his skid steer if you want to search out that thread. I've seen plenty of ads in the trade mags for such set ups, so they are being done. Hopefully others have & will chime in.
  3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

yea, i have a fisher 2 stage mounted on one of my skidsteers. it works very well. the pic is in a trend call "getting ready" i think....good luck
    if you have any questions maybe i could help
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've seen spreaders in trade magazines that are self loading, in other words, you drive to your materials pile and scoop yourself a hopper full. They looked like they'd work well, I can't remember the brand.
  5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I think Epoke has one of those scoop type front spreaders.

What Im looking for is a decent sized spreader for the back of a skid steer
  6. columbiaplower

from what i have seen those selfloading spreaders are DROP spreaders wich doesnt sound so great to me
    ill stick to my time saving broadcast spreader
  7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The one I saw was a broadcast spreader, hydraulically powered.
  8. columbiaplower

I stand corrected pelican:D ill have to look in some of the ad's i have got from Lawn & Landscape i think ive seen one in there maybe that what your talking about
  9. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

10. hardscaper

hardscaper Member
    from usa