1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Skid loader Snow Blowers? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Peterbilt, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have been thinking about getting a blower for my skid loader for a few years now.

I was planning on using it on a few HOA's we plow for keeping the drifting at bay, and was thinking of using it to blow fresh snow piles back as well.

I know the drifting problem would be solved with the blower, but the snow piles are what worry me.

I was thinking of using the blwer a day or two after an event, hopefully before the snow gets to compacted.

Does anyone use a skid loader blower for pile removal?

J.

2. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

We use a NH lx985 hi flo with an erskine 2400x to blow piles from the roof of our parking garage. It does ok but the wet and packed snow slows it down some. I think it will handle snow drifts without any trouble.

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I thought about having a second skid loader there to break up the pile before it I run it throught the blower.

The City here does it like that when they blow load it out.

J.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

PM Blowerman, I know he has a couple skid steer blowers.

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I think you'll need hi-flow hydraulics to move the piles back. But low-flow would probably work for removing drifts.

6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Why doesn't my PM work? If someone answers that question I'll answer the blower questions. <br>We (I) have three skiddy blowers and many years using them in all conditions.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's disabled, what did you do wrong. LOL

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I think I may know, but don't want ot post it in the open, turn your PM's on!

9. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Well who do I talk to about that? Can someone get my PM turned back on?

10. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Can you send a visitor message to one of the mods at the bottom of the main page?