1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid loader glass

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DodgeBlizzard, Dec 28, 2011.

1. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I'm putting in some plexiglass for the Bobcat 773. It didn't have any when I bought it this Summer. Well being out in the cold wind today It's time. Does anybody have any closeup pics from the inside of a bobcat? I took some contact paper, traced and transferred it to make the first side window. I believe that piece stays put because it's recessed and the front side piece is the only one that moves. I am curious if the front window overlaps the rear piece and by how much? Any pics or links would be appreciated. Anthing that shows details of the side and front glass.

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I want to do the same thing to my 743 and cant find any clear pictures as well I may just end up buying a ready cab off eBay

3. bremery

bremery Junior Member

The front sliding pane does over lap the rear fixed pane by about 3/4". There is some weatherstripping between the panes. The front pane slides in a channel that bolts to the cab.

You can find some pictures by looking at machinery trader.com You might be able to find something that will help you out. I found this. http://www.machinerytrader.com/images/Machinery/fullsize/90802011.jpg

Good Luck

4. DodgeBlizzard

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1389395

Found another thread about doing this. It works I guess. I'm doing mine as close to OEM as possible, that way I can keep it on all year round. I bought a keyed screen door latch for the front glass.

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

6. DodgeBlizzard

I looked at them online. Just doesn't seem very rugged and I'm not sure I would like looking thru wrinkled vinyl. Plus I've never seen anybody use one around here.

7. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

This is interesting because last year on my 763 and 773 I bolted on plexi-glass. This year I am going to bolt hinges and make swing out doors for the winter. Also on Monday on my s185 I put the OEM bobcat glass in the door frame, that sucked. Yesterday I made a trip up to the dealer for new wiper arms and a new wiper for the door because the wiper arms bent when the original glass shattered.

What year 773 do you have because the newer 773s have the same frame as the 185 and the older one is the same as my 773 and 763

8. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

9. DodgeBlizzard

NICE. But I just can't bring myself to that look. haha

10. BFBoss

BFBoss Member

does the plexi-glass fog up? or do you put heating units on your machines

11. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Yes it does, even the regular bobcat enclosed cab does unless it is sealed very tight.

12. DodgeBlizzard

Mine's a 2001 G Series. I got the four side pieces cut today. What a pain in the backside that was. I made an extra paper template just in case. The hardest part so far has been climbing inside and making the actual template. Also figuring out what size plexiglass that will work with minimal waste, because that stuff isn't cheap.

13. DodgeBlizzard

And this is another reason I'm making mine like the OEM. That way if it fogs up, I can simply crack the window.

14. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

When I cut it last year I used a knife and just kept scrapping the side. That worked but took forever so I got the sawzall and cut it. Turned out pretty good.

15. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

16. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

That seems like a steal compared to the cost of new ones.

his ad makes it sound like the door fall off when you lift the boom, haha