1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

skid loader and pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joe74, Oct 14, 2004.

1. joe74

joe74 Junior Member

I looked in some resent posts and have not seen to much on a skid loader with a pusher. I have a large level lot and would like to use a 80hp 8000lb machine ( case 85 xt , bobcat s250 ) to run my 12ft protect back-hoe snow pusher. Last year I rented a Case 580 super m back-hoe, but would rather buy a skid loader and be able to use it year round. I would like to know if the skid loader will work well and any tips or experience on using it. Thanks
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

For a 80 hp skidsteer a Blizzard 8611 would be the cats a**
  3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

You know me, I'll have to agree with Bolts. :salute:
  4. joe74

joe74 Junior Member

I agree with you, but i already have the pusher and I just can't stand to rent. I also have a blizzard 810 on a superduty and it works well. Thanks
  5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Listen to your 810 talking.
  6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

nothing I mean absulty nothing works as well as a Bobcat in tight areas in the snow. in open areas you will be pleased with one and a pusher.

975 bobcat, 974 bobcat, 943 bobcat, Cat IT28, several F350's
  7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I think your pushing the limit on that machines cability with a 12 foot box. A ten footer may even be a lil big in a wet snow. Dwan your right My bud runs 8 s250's and s300's with 9 foot westerns and they smoke the trucks hands down all day long. With the quick tach system he can drop the blade grab a bucket and run around and tidy up then, makes for a pretty and neat site when he is finished.