1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sizing Liquid tank

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fulltiltwill, Sep 2, 2008.

1. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I am expanding into liquids this year and needed to know how big of a tank I should be looking at. So if I compared the size of tank to a 2yd v-box how many gallon tank to cover the same ground or should I just get the biggest that my 1 ton can hold? Thanks!
  2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I was looking at a 300 gallon tank for one of my one ton trucks. At an average of 11 pounds per gallon, your looking at 1.5 tons plus equipment. I got a qoute of around $3,800 for a complete set up.
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

a 2yrd spreader, will hold somthing like 2 tons? this will vary alot depending ... but for math purposes, 2 tons will treat 8 acres... 30 gals per acre *8 = 240 gals approx to give you the same effect
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

PJ, can tell you more than i can about it, im still learning
  5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

hi guy's...

it's actualy 11.3lb per gallon,

but yeah as far as i know, Elite's math was right on.

every one has to under stand that this stuff don't just spray every direction like a spreader does......it's only as wide as the spray boom is.... or not much wider anyway's, so it's gonna take a little more time

but this stuff sticks around forever:dizzy: last year on one of my "zero tolerance" acct's i sprayed it and the snow didnt come in that night (the weatherman was wrong :confused: ) and about a week and a half later it finnally misted and got cold......ant the lot that was pretreated was the only one i didnt have to salt.....all i did was touch up the main drive lane with more Calcium

now keep in mind this place was a traveled shopping center with a grocery store some medical building's a couple of government offices etc. and the parking spot's stayed wet&black longer than the main drive lane did..witch was still at least 10day's