1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sitting waiting for snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AndyTblc, Feb 19, 2009.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

The past 2 days they were calling for snow and so far nothing, there is snow showers 5 miles south and 5 miles north of me, but good ole` Wayland is getting gypt again. So I figured I'd take a few pics. I have 2 flashers on top, the one on the right is the tear drop flasher, and the one on the left was the one on my cab for my tractor that I'm burning this spring.

plowon1 (1).jpg
  2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice truck. I miss my old gmc 1500. I loved the power that the 5.7 350 had.
  3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

With almost 226,000 miles, she still runs like a champ.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I know the feeling...been getting gypt all season.

I'm already ready to say forget it...and get all my lawn stuff all preped up...already getting new work for it.

I know march is the snowiest month in Denver...but i think it's gonna be a little to warm for anything to stick.

The last 3 storms that came through here...nothing stuck because of days prior temperatures.
  5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

mine was a 1996 with a 7ft fisher. it only had 113 and it ran like the day it rolled out of the lot.
  6. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Sitting here for just over a month no plowable snow. Tommorrow afternoon/night 1-3 possible but I won't hold my breath on it
  7. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

it has been 30 days here. it sucks. no snow or rain. hope it changes soon. i have fixed every thing,cleaned every thing, and started working on the summer stuff. i joined a fitness club. i think i forgot how to plow. lol it will get better.
  8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Well I just took my plow off about an hour ago, so we'll see if that helps. Usually if I take the plow off, the snow starts a blowin, but it hasn't worked yet.
    Eatmytailpipes, that truck looked great. The plow could have used some new paint, but oh well.
  9. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

we havent had any snow since the end of december rebuilt my old 8n, painted my fiancee truck and painted almost every room in the house... either snow or let the grass start growing
  10. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

was supposed to have 2-5 when i woke up this morning.. nothing but rain. 3-4 weeks with nothing good to plow here... :(
  11. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

I will send you guys some snow, they forecast 6 inches, but just finished plowing 2 inches. We had no snow for 2 weeks prior.
  12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I thought you told me GM guys acted like women??:jester:
  13. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

LMAO!!!!!!!! i did the same thing. I took off all of the boss plows and went out for lunch a few days ago. While eating one of workers say " you know now if someone came by the shop with a bobcat key they could take all 4 boss plows, load them up on your triple axle along with your bobcat and take off" need less to say we ended up boxing them im lol.

but i too agree if you take the plows off it will snow. there calling for 1-2 now by morning. we will see if that happens its almost 3 am now and nothing.
  14. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

One good thing about your boss plows, they are probly the quick hitch. Mine you have to line up the plow, and if it's 1/2" to low, the truck mount will hit it and knock if off the 2x4's, and it's not fun to do it in the middle of the night when you're half a sleep durring a freak snowstorm. But they're calling for 4-8" tommarow, but I'm going to wait to put the plow on till tommarow morning just incase.
  15. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i had to go out and salt this morning so i guess that counts. I know its snowing over by grand veiw right now so im guessing hes busy. payup
  16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya I miss the thing bad. I should have kept it for an extra truck. I remember I did a burnout at work and I was infront of the garage doors and thye were open and I filled the garage with smoke. I could melt the tires off that truck.
  17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I seent he guy that bought my truck yesterday at the grocery store. and he asked me if I wanted to buy the truck back because the tranny is going. I told him to let me know when it goes and how much he wants for it and I will look at it lol. I might be buying my old truck back.
  18. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

19. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

hopefully in the spring I will buy it back.