1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Site Risk Assesments

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by William Brett, Jan 10, 2015.

1. William Brett

William Brett Member

Do people carry out site risk assessments to highlight issues and justify the services you are proposing, if so what format do people use and what information do you include.

2. trapperstreeser

trapperstreeser Junior Member

nope... your customer knows why they called

my title is meant to be silly so forgive me.. but I have been in business for a long time and in many service industry sectors both comm and res.. that said, I have wasted a lot of time trying to help people get a grip on their own property risk and it bares zero fruit.. all it has done is exhaust a potential client who only want simple questions answered:
    1) do you actually DO what i need done? (not a hobby.. please dont learn your trade on me)
    2) are you reliable?
    3) whats your price?

please.. make no excuse for your price.. dont drop it lower once youve given it and dont work for free. if someone whats something done where there is a liability risk they aren't going for CHEAP.. they are going for FAIR AND REASONABLE..

You cant convince someone to buy something that they havent already convinced themselves of...

the only time is see what you are talking about be helpful is in the event of a court case of a slip and fall trying to prove negligence and liability for someone who got hurt on ice or defending a property owner in the same instance... either way, here in OHIO (go bucks), there is a law stating that we are a "no fault" state.. that you know that its icy and that you could fall.. if you dont want to fall then move elsewhere.. (that the position of ohio law). property owners are actually MORE LIABLE if they attempt to service their property thereby proving that they had a known issue and that it was done poorly.. in which case you as the service provider would be sued.. not the actually property owner.

good question and good luck

Tom T., Owner
    Trapper's Tree Service (Columbus, Ohio)