1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Site Map Design Question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Aura Lawns, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

How do y'all do your site maps?

What software do you use, steps, details to include and things to leave out?

Give all the information you can to help me and others learn and give my customers the best possible site map.

Thanks!!

2. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

A lot of guys use google earth or maps and then use the paint feature. Free and easy to use. Just mark any harards that need to be marked in one color, snow pile / stack areas in another color, sidewalks in a diffrent color and so on. You can then save it as a pdf and have it on your computer and e-mail it as well.

3. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

How do you use the paint feature? Is it on google maps or is it separate?

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

2nd this:waving:

5. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

How do you save it as a PDF? As well as how do you use the paint feature?

Thanks

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well start off You have google earth up Save pic on your computer Then you edit it on you computer and then hit (((Save as)) Give it a name and there is a box you can click save as jpeg or PDF
    I leave all mine has jpeg no need it to be PDF it will still print out

I use the paint feature as for telling how to use that best start playing with it
    learn as you go