1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

site commander

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Apr 6, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Just something that casey 66 and a few others might enjoy, I know Geoff will.
    Now dont everyone go and sign up, I want to win the truck myself,the only way I will own a ford, is if I get it for free.
    Now if that truck was a 1 ton d max crew cab, with dewalt or milwalkee all over it, we would have a sale.

[Edited by plowking35 on 04-06-2001 at 09:49 PM]
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

If I win, Dino you can have the tools.

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Dino said he doesn't like those brands of tools Geoff. So if you win I think you should send them my way, I'm not as picky. Although I would probably try to trade them in for Milwaukee stuff to match my other tools.
  4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in awe. I want that truck. Sorry guys, as much as I feel like we're all a big family here... you guys are on your own!!!

You could pretty much build a whole house out of that truck!!!

5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Now, Tim that is a real truck it is a FORD. If you won that truck it would start snowing again, and I know you wouldn't want that!

6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I'd sell it and put the $$ towards a Chevy

Winning that would be a Real Deal to get F*&%ed On.
  7. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

Where's the plow?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Is that 2wd ? If it is then its a total waste, I'd rather buy a box truck instead.
  9. plowking35

from SE CT

It is 4wd and one thing I forgot to add, is that when I saw it at the Journal of Light Construction Expo in Providence RI, the porter cable guys informed us of the 17000 volt alarm system tied into the body of the truck. Try to get in and it will set you back about 12'. He might have been
    bs ing us, but some guys were still touching the truck, and he really was adamant about getting back away from it.
    It also has the power stroke, but with the crew cab, I dont think a plow is allowed.
    If you win the truck, it will have at least 20-30K on the odo, so itwill be just about out of warranty anyway.
    I do like porter cable tools, but think the d max would have been a better platform, that way with 30K on the clock, the truck wont be junk. haha And the yellow dewalt chevy show trucks with black lettering look way cool, in fact GM has a dewalt option package.
    And remember, you guys wounldnt even know about the truck if I didnt post it here, so at least give a chance to get shocked.

[Edited by plowking35 on 04-07-2001 at 09:22 PM]
  10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

As far as the 17000 volt alarm goes... I doubt it. I've been instaling alarms and remote starters and the like for a while now, and yes I've heard about and even been asked to install these types of alarms... but not very many people actually go through with it, especially on a show truck like that. Imagine a little kid running up going "Cool mommy, look at this..." and then waking up about 30-minutes later not knowing who he is and needing a change of underwear. That would not be a good thing. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's rather expensive, and not very practical. Could you imagine if you forgot to disarm it before reaching for the handle?

To sum it up... I think the guy was bs'ing you.

11. plowking35

from SE CT

He may very well be, but he was really adamant about getting back from the truck.
  12. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Thanks Dino! I got someting in the mail from them a couple moths ago about upcoming expos and it had a card to enter to win the truck, I had completely forgoten about it until now. It's a sweet truck, If I had it I would be tempted to live at the job site. I'd love to win it...I wonder what the gift tax would be. It's almost too nice to put on a jobsite!

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

hey ALAN,
    you would need the extra money you get from selling a ford
    to keep the repairs up on the new (weak) chevy.
    LOL couldn't resist. hey how did the lobo plow work out for you this season?
  14. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Hey, you guys can for get it!!! I am gonna win the truck, then I am trading it in on the Chevy Duramax.

As far as the tools, well when I win we can discuss a fair and equitable price fellas...

You know what they say in sports... SHOW ME DA MONEY!!!
  15. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

If you win let me know I'll buy it off you. But being a Ford it'll never be worth enough to get a Duramax.