1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sirennet.com economy amber lightbar LBL2

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kb9ude, Feb 27, 2011.

1. kb9ude

kb9ude Junior Member

Has anyone used or seen a LBL2 lightbar? Supposed to be a Whelen Justice bar. I would like any feedback about them or at least a link to a discussion.
    I am looking for an amber bar to go on my plow truck.

http://www.sirennet.com/lbl2.html

John

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you click on the "siren net leds" thread I have pics of a buddies bar on there. He has siren nets version of the code 3 ledx 2100. He loves it. Everything says code 3 on it. i would assume the siren nets version of the whelen justice bar would be the same.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=119110

3. kb9ude

kb9ude Junior Member

Thanks for the info. The sirennet "whelen" bar looks really nice. I may have to try it out.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

He is definatly very pleased with the light, and said he'd buy another one.

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i just bought a justice bar from truckntow.com 50" as sirennets ... with LEDS takedowns and alleys .. $848 w/ tax out the door .... truckntow tells me they use knockoff stuff to sell cheap ... just from what they said ... love my justice bar ...

6. kb9ude

kb9ude Junior Member

I am still thinking of buying a LBL2 and put it on my bacrack.

7. groundbreakers

it looks good to me .. may want to call sirennet to make sure warrenty is through them or whelen

8. Lightpro

Lightpro Junior Member
    from 75551

whelen justice Lightbar

You should Buy a Axixtech Torrent Lightbar It has a traffic Advisor.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  9. UnderPSI

UnderPSI Junior Member

Bringing this one back to life to see if anyone else has used this bar and what type of controller it uses for flash pattern selection.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

My buddy is still using his bar from sirennet with code 3's name on it. Never had a issue. You can use any type if indivdual switches or switch box you want. They don't require any type of special controller. Some people use the Whelen PCC8R and some guys like using a regular box with 6 switches or so in it. This is if you don't need a siren or anything. Now my buddy who has the code 3/sirennet bar uses this.

PCC8R http://www.strobesnmore.com/Whelens-All-New-8-Position-Key-Pad-with-Remote-Relay-Module.html

Typical 6 switch switch box http://www.strobesnmore.com/Whelen-PCC6W-6-Function-Lighted-Switchbox.html

What my buddy uses for the FD http://www.strobesnmore.com/Star-SVP-LCS880-Handheld-Siren-Switchbox-Command-Center.html That controls his lightbar and all his siren functions all in one.

11. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

The Sirennet bar is a justice frame with decreased diodes in the corners and Whelens no name TIR3s which are not very bright. We use to buy them but decided to stop as they did not offer clear and the output was not very good. The only thing shared with the siren net bar and the real justice is the frame. We are looking to do our own bar but want it brighter than the justice which is a great bar with really good light output. We have the regular justice and they are very bright.

12. groundbreakers

you get what you pay for .... question - map ?? does whelen really dictate what you can advertise and how you can advertise on there lightbars ?? ex: liberty bars goes for around $2200 you cant advertise a lower price without there permission?? .. even though you already purchased it legally from them

13. Strobesnmore

You are correct Whelen has a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy. We are only allowed to list at 38% off list and not a penny less. Trust me I get emails all the time to adjust prices.

14. Strobesnmore

One Note we can sell anything for whatever as long as its not in print, on the site, or any other publicly displayed price.

15. groundbreakers

yah i thought i heard about that a long time ago ... i just it was BS ... yah but correct me if im wrong by technical standards you have bought the products from them so legally its yours and then whelen dictates how you can sell them ??? yeahh .... like i said i heard that long ago .... weird way of promoting your products ...