1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sirennet.com able 2 light

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by koppandson, Dec 21, 2007.

1. koppandson

koppandson Junior Member

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

http://www.sirennet.com/loledmibar.html

I have 2 of these and they work great! I was going to get teh able 2 that is the next step up, about 400 as opposed to 220, until I saw them side by side. They look good and work great both at night and day.

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

there not bad from front or back ... but from side or angle ... barely any light .... also directional gen 1 led too ... sooo you do the math for the money . had one sold it 2 weeks later ...

5. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I was dead set on getting one when i saw a truck with 1 two storms ago..at night, but then with this storm i saw a ford with one on his roof and there was about 1-2 inches of snow on it and couldnt see it very good at all...I will definately not be buying this product

6. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

mike...so the real question is would you buy any low profile light that was covered up buy a little snow?

groundbreakers, I tend to disagree I can shoot a vid of mine 360 deg if someone can tell me how to post it I have no problems. this is not going to compare to a huge dollar bar but for the money I will be buying another.

7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

okay .. waitin to see it ..

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

The bar being asked about by the original poster is pretty much the the bottom of the list as far as mini-LED bars are concerned. The light output is minimal in comparsion to other mini-led bars.

If I was really on a budget, before I purchased the cheapo Sho-Me LED I would purchase a double rotator halogen lightbar. At 1/2 the cost it would be just as effective as the more expensive gen 1 Sho-Me lightbar.

If you are not quite so limited by a budget, the best thing out there right now for mini-LED lightbars is a Whelen Responder LP. About $300 and it is one of the brightest/most effective mini-LED bars out there.

9. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Not when it's about 2 inches from the body...I cant be wiping the snow off every hour and putting myself in danger. I use a whelen duel strobe and works great....low-pro isnt always the way to go..I would like to see a video in action in a storm?????

10. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I went with this even though my budget was tight, and I am glad I did. It is real bright as night and does pretty good during the day. This would be the cheapest one I would buy becides a cheap dual rotator.