1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sinking mvp

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wewille, Apr 24, 2009.

1. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Hey everybody, ive got an 8 1/2 mvp plus bought it last spring so its only got one winter on it, but ive got a few questions maybe problems.When back dragging can you angle the blade and it should act like a straight blade? Also when driving the blade will slowling sink and evry now and then i must pick the blade back up. I havnt looked into it yet, and ill be taking it to the dealer as it is still under warranty, but what are ypour thoughts? Thanks in advance!
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sounds like one of the solenoid valves has a small piece of debris in it and it is allowing some fluid through it causing the plow to lower slowly or maybe a bad o ring causing the same thing. Just my thoughts. Yes it should be like a straight blade.
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah ... I've herd of many having the issues of loss of pressure thus allowing the plow to drift down or the wings to fold when back dragging. It's almost always dirty fluid sticking a solenoid.

As for back dragging with an mvp.....Yes it will act as a straight blade in one sense. Once you drop the blade and start to apply pressure that is how the blade must stay until you relieve the pressure. For instance let's say you have the blade straight and are pulling back. Then you want to angle the blade to the right .... This will not work as the wings will have a load and will fold. There just is not enough pressure in the pump to push back on the snow your dragging. Otherwise, I have back dragged a ton with mine and it works fine. Make sure you have a back drag blade too.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

On the drifitng down, more than likely the S1 has a bad o-ring or bad internal check valve.
  5. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Alright thanks very much for the advice guys!!!! Ill let ya know what i find!!