1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Single Stage Toro's

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bdlawncare, Jan 24, 2012.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

I am lookin at purchasing a new toro single stage.. The 621 model.. The guy at the dealer said there are three options.

621QZR- has the quick zip chute control and e-start $749

621R- no e-start for quick chute $599

621ZR- Quick chute no e-start $649

As you can see their is quite a price difference is the chute adjustment and estart really worth the extra money??!

2. Deut2210a

Deut2210a Member

It's up to you...

but for my money and bad back I prefer to have a lighter unit that I can get in and out of the truck easily so I prefer one without the e start. I would like the chute controls up by the handle though. I have a Toro power clear 221R that works very well.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Quick chute is worth the money, electric start is not necessary.

4. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Forget estart, extra weight. quick chute seemed cheap and flimsy to me, but it was a good though.

5. TLLandS

TLLandS Junior Member

I am new to the site, but am not new in the snow removal industry. Now, there are subtle differences in those machines. They are a great single stage blower. have been using the equivalent machine the last 12 years. They have power of two stage without the pain in the butt bulk of a two stage. They were known as the Toro 3650 model. I own them and in fact am buying more as i can find them. They are the 2 cycle equiavalent to those machines currently on the market. Now, getting back to those machines you listed, the three differences are as follows: The most expensive is the electric start, no need, waste of money, these toro machines start automatically,not to mention, kinda hard using elec stqrt in back of s pickup on accounts in middle of the night. Now, the quick chute system is great in theory, but I owned one and sold it. It works quick and fast, right up to the point where you get it out of the back of the truck, and it is froze at the position it was in when you loaded it. Happened to me on each storm from account to account. I loved it, but you would have to get it thawed and it got real old fast.

You can get that same machine you were referencing without the blue handle quick chute, and without the blue handled pivot on the actual chute itself in the midwest for $499.99, everybody sells them at that price. This machine at this price is there stripped version i guess you could place an analogy to it, but they are dynamite. I am using the 3650 or even the 2450, same thing, little smaller as long as we can since they are 2 cycle versus 4 cycle. just my thoughts, get back to me with more questions, i won't use anything other than toro for snowblowers!!
    TL L & S

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Fluid film the crap out of the entire quick chute system, cable too. I've never had one freeze up on me.

7. TLLandS

TLLandS Junior Member

If I buy another one I will go that route. I just can't say enough about all of the toro blowers i have used. I like that system, so may have to give it another shot, thanks!
    TL L&S