1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Single stage snow thrower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mr snow, Nov 23, 2011.

1. mr snow

mr snow Junior Member
    from canada

Looking at purchasing a couple of single stage snow thowers for commercial sidwalks. Any comments on witch brands are better or worse. Would appreciate any comments. I have been looking at 22 inch 205 cc. Thanks

2. jamiller830

jamiller830 Junior Member

We have a couple Toro single stage blowers and they work flawlesly .I ve burried them up over the shoot and they still throw snow perfect for commercial walks ,thats what we use them for.

3. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

Toro thats all i use also light enuff you can pick it up weighs some where about 70-75lbs i think.
    also come with a 2 yr no question asked warranty.

4. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Toro's or Ariens those are the top dogs. John Deere's are pieces of crap have owned two and hated them both everyday I owned them!!

5. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

i have 3 toros now, one is on its 3rd year and bought 2 more this winter they scrape good, just have to replace your rubbers every year

6. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

Whats bad with JD's ? I just bought 1330SE and have yet to use it. Any advice?

7. fivepoints

fivepoints Junior Member

I just bought two toro single stage today. I hope they work as good as what everyone says they do. I do all driveways and sidewalks(no plowing).

8. herbert02

herbert02 Member

Your customers will be happy when they see how clean there driveway looks when your done.

9. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I should have been a little more clear. I not sure on their two stages but the single stages suck!! you have to buy all new auger bars with the paddles, and its a pain in the butt to get them out. all you have to do with the toro's is replace the rubber paddles.. easy as 1,2,3 boom done :mechanic:

10. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

Same here;Toro seems to be the machine of choice here.I was looking at the Simplicity unit.It seems nice,plus, it is made in the states.I can't seem to get any feedback on it though!