1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Single stage blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by the05goat, Jul 12, 2013.

1. the05goat

the05goat Member

So I didn't want to spend a lot and wanted a used single stage to throw in the back of my truck. Found a craftsman 178cc ohv gas on Craigslist got it for 90$. Go to pick it up load it and the guys neighbor comes out and says want to buy another one that he has the same one, I say let me come look at it, to my surprise it was a toro snow commander single stage with the 7hp rtek engine. I thought toro was waaaaay out of my price range, offered the guy 100$ and he said its all yours. Just wondering how the 2 cycle is compared to the newer ohv gas. And if I should keep the toro or sell it any help is always appreciated.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would keep it. Those Toro's are the best IMO. That one is a little heavy but for $100 that was a steal.

3. the05goat

the05goat Member

Yeah still manageable for me to get in the truck by myself, It started first pull and sounds like a beast. Paddles seem worn so I might have to get a new set, there about 2-3 inches below the bolts.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Paddles are cheap. You will be happy with that blower

5. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

Yeah I would keep it...the 2 strokes are champs in my opinion. I'm not sure which Toro model I have, it's a 22" swipe but it's a beast for a home owner blower.

6. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

They are great for walkway where the snow is no t really heavy.As fast as you can walk they will blow.....:)