1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

single stage blower brands

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cmills, Dec 4, 2010.

1. cmills

cmills Junior Member
    from Indiana

Is there much difference in the different brands of single stage blowers, as far as performance and reliability (if so, whats the best to get?). I'm looking for one but I don't want to spend way more than I have too just to pay for the name, if I can get one for half the price that is just as good. And do most people go with 4 strokes now instead of 2 strokes? I'm just thinking a 2 stroke should be a little lighter, making it easier to lift in and out of the truck.

thanks,
    Cory

2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Toro is a pretty good brand for small blowers, easy to lift in and out of the truck by yourself. Personally, I picked up and old Bolens single stage 4 stroke at a swap meet for $20, all I had to do was clean up the carb and it runs like a brand new blower. Keep your eyes peeled for ones on craigslist too...

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

find your self an old toro on cl. I have one that is 24 yrs old that I bought for $20. did a little work on it and runs like a champ. first time starting it before any work fired up on second pull. it had the little 2 stroke tecumseh in it.

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I have had pretty good luck with my Toro Powerclear 180. It is a 4 stroke as I refuse to buy a 2 stroke. This blower is also pretty light also as I can lift it up over the tailgate on my 250.