1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Single plug converted to dual plug?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by jonnywong, Dec 17, 2010.

1. jonnywong

jonnywong Member

Is there anyway to convert the older style one plug to a dual plug setup? I may have found a pretty good deal on a older 8' sno pro but its the single plug and my truck is setup for a dual plug. Anyone ever done this?
  2. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

I ran into the same thing when I got my sno-pro............honestly, it's alot easier to spend the money and buy the new two plug set up from the dealer. Rumor around the site is, Curtis was having issues with the old plug set up, thats why they switched to the 2 plug. What year and type of truck is it going on??
  3. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

Whoops, sorry I just read that you already have a 2 plug setup on your truck..........spend the 200 bucks and just buy the plow side harness on ebay, it's alot easier then pulling the power wires out of the one plug harness and making your own. Not to mention, you know what you got when you buy the new harness.
  4. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

I converted my single plug curtis to the dual plug........not a biggie
  5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

very easy to convert....the only thing to remeber...and it took me a while to figure it out...but it is right in the directions (shows me how well i read those) it has a new jack plug setup. You have to disassemble the plug to fit it through the hole in the frame then reassemble the plug on the other side

I broke out the cutter and was about to make the hole in the plow frame "bigger" until i realized my mistake

other then that it is a direct swap