1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Single axel dump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jmansfield1801, Jan 15, 2009.

1. jmansfield1801

jmansfield1801 Junior Member

today i got a offer to buy a single axel dump for a little bit of nothing and was wondering how the belly blade would work for windrowing a few big parking lots with hard pack i the lots are big enough i could just make big circles and was just wondering if anyone thaught it would scrape up any hard pack
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

yep i would say it would do fine, thats what they are made for..BTW i have never used one
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

the town i sub for runs the belly blades and they work great on the streets with some hardpack or just regualr plowing
    so id say go for it
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Belly blade?

Is the belly blade a rigged mount or does it have trip cans? If it has trip cans can they be locked in place? If it is rigid and or can be locked rigid it would scrape pack very well.
    I had a rigid mount belly blade on my Oshkosh and with serrated teeth it would grove pavement if you where not careful.So yes it would take up pack very well.

5. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I have run an underbody for a county before. They work great for hard packed snow. Be sure that you have someone that has a good idea of the mechanicals of it set it up for down pressure and do not run it over RR tracks. If dp is not set you can literally lift the truck off the ground and creat a no steering situation, and or start removing or pealing levals of tar off.