1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Since I worked on it.........

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Might as well share the pics with ya!!! Snow season is soon to be here. I rebuilt the pump and was testing it to make sure it worked. Now I just have to clean up and re-weld a few spots on the plow.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

nice! looks like youre ready to go...sick of mowing and landscaping yet? Thanks for the pics - Nick

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks!!! I am kinda sick of the whole landscaping/mowing bit. Ready to sit in the truck and plow some snow!!!! I will be even more sick of the regular season when the leaves fall and it is about 38 degrees for the high blowing leaves:gunsfiring: I just got a few other fine details to do before it is 100% ready to go for the winter.

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

truck looks great. have you thought of cranking the torsion bars a little so that the front end isnt so low the mud flaps look about and inch of the ground. but i bet it isnt that bad with ballast in the bed.

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks!! I cranked them a little after I took the plow off. The driveway is sloped towards the road, so it looks worse than it is. It does sit more level with about 4-600 lbs back there.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Now just paint it red and put a Boss sticker on it!:D

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Next year grandview, it will have a nice red Boss out front. Either getting an 8 foot straight or 8'2" XTV

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks nice is this the first time you had to rebuild it?

9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Well we can't ALL have Fishers.... you need something to strive for, right? ;)

Yeah, the front could use a little more stiffening, slope or not (it's still sagging). I know ballast will help some as well, as you mentioned. Good luck!

~Kevin

10. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

nice truck. looks like it is ready to go.

11. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Tom, you still working for Willo or did you quit and go fulltime on your own? I saw you today on 305

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

2 stupid questions. 1: does the truck have timberns? and 2: how effective is that snow deflector on that plow? It doesn't look to be anybigger than 4 inches wide.

13. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Nope. I quit a while ago. It was a split on good terms. I have gotten 10x busier since I left there. I cut one off of Gebhart Place. Im kinda like bulls**t, Im everywhere, lol:D
    1. the truck does not. I cranked the t-bars today a 4 turns, so I will put pics up with the plow on now. The truck really only dropped an inch with the blade up. It had that stock "drag car" look to it, lol. I am considering timbrens, but gotta do front brake rotors first. 2. It works ok, its the stock one with the plow. When we get the light fluffy stuff, it just blows right onto my windshield when I do my commercial lots that I can get movin a little. I might get a rubber flap to help with that.

14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

truck looks good, but yeah she sags quite a bit, and thats with a poly blade, imagine if it had a full steel blade.

15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

The steel blades are actually lighter because the poly blades have more reinforcement

16. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so whats the reason for having a poly blade then if its not weight reduction?

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I dont know, that is what the truck came with, lol. I think the poly blade is like 60lbs heavier than the steel one. I think this blade cuts down to the ground better than the steel ones since it is heavier

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mainly due to the fact that snow tends to stick less to the poly than to steel, and also the poly's usually look better longer...they don't show the scratches and scrape's as much..They were never designed to be lighter than a steel plow..that's a popular misconception.

BTW, Truck looks good SS!

19. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

thats not sag. you should have seen my same year 1500 when i had the 8.5 fisher on it with no timbrens and without ballast. :dizzy:

got to love chevy. course now i have timbrens (i think i mentioned they kill the ride on a earlier post) and downsized the plow to a 7.5 since i couldnt fit the 8.5 between my house and fence to push the snow outback in my own drive. :nod:
    he could consider a leveling kit to help too but if hes anything like me he just has other more pressing things to worry about. in my case i see it as it levels with ballast and towing anyway so why worry about it.

thats a nice 2500. pretty truck syden. i love these years i think they are the best looking out of the recent chevys. nice truck.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  20. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks B&B!!!!:waving: The plow does need a little welding work before season start too. It has a bunch of scratches and dings, all of which you cant see unless you get up close

Thanks bribrius!!:waving: I cranked up the t-bars alittle and it helped alot. You are very much right about having more pressing things to deal with now, ex, brakes, getting my spreader wired, and finishing up the landscaping season. I do like the look of this era Chevy more than the newer ones and the older ones, except for the 73-87 models.